Travelers who are going overseas are increasingly using HDFC Forex cards. It is a prepaid card that may be used for withdrawals and purchases throughout the world. These prepaid cards make it simple to manage spending by allowing customers to load numerous foreign currencies onto a single card. To ensure free and easy transactions, it’s important to maintain track of the amount on your HDFC Forex card. In the subsequent part of this content, we will be reviewing some methods on how to check the balance on your HDFC Forex card.
1. Using HDFC Netbanking
One of the ways to check your HDFC Forex card balance is through the HDFC NetBanking portal. This process can only be possible if you have a NetBanking account with HDFC Bank. To check your balance, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website (www.hdfcbank.com) and log in to your account using your Customer ID and password.
- After logging in, locate the tab “Cards” and click on it.
- Click on the Forex card you wish to check the balance for, and the available balance will be displayed on the screen.
2. Through HDFC Mobile Banking App
HDFC Mobile Banking App provides a free and secure way to check their Forex card balance. Follow these steps for guidance;
- If you don’t have the app installed, download and install it on your phone from Google Play Store.
- Log in to the app using your Customer ID and Password or use the fingerprint/face ID login (if applicable).
- Once logged in, click on the “Cards” section and select “Prepaid Cards.”
- Choose the Forex card you want to check the balance for, and you will see the available balance displayed on your screen.
3. Through Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) can also be used to check your HDFC Forex card balance. Here’s how you can do it;
- Insert your Forex card into the ATM
- Select the “balance inquiry” option on the screen of the machine
- Enter your card pin, and you will see the available balance.
4. Using HDFC Bank’s Prepaid Card Web Portal
Outside using your card to check your balance through the ATM, it can as well be used through HDFC Prepaid Card Web Portal in the following step;
- Visit the prepaid card web portal (https://prepaidcards.hdfcbank.com/) using your browser.
- Click on the “Login” button and enter the 16-digit card number, Expiry Date, and CVV number. You can get these details on your card.
- After inputting your card details locate the “Card Summary” section to view the available balance on your Forex card.
5. Through HDFC SMS Service
HDFC renders a free SMS service that you can use to check your Forex card balance via the registered phone number.
This is how you can do it;
- Compose a Short Message Service (SMS) using your registered phone number by typing “BAL plus the last four digits on your forex card” for instance; (BAL4112). Send this SMS to the HDFC banking number provided on their website, or the back of your Forex card.
- After a few seconds, you will receive an SMS with your Forex card available balance.
6. Through HDFC Customer Care
HDFC banking system offers rigid support to its customers. If you are unable to check your Forex card balance using any of the above methods, or you prefer a human approach, you can contact the bank’s customer care team. Here is how;
- Contact the HDFC regular customer care mobile number at +91-22-61606161. This care toll-free number can also be located at the back of your Forex card.
- Adhere to the instructions given to you on call, and choose the option that entails speaking to a customer care executive.
- Provide your Forex card information and other personal details for verification purposes.
- The Customer Care Executive will help in providing the available balance on your Forex card.
The methods mentioned above can be used to check the balance on your HDFC Forex Card. It is recommended that you regularly check the balance on your Forex Card to make sure you always have adequate money available for use when making international transactions.
You can choose the most convenient way to check your balance from a variety of methods listed above, including HDFC NetBanking, Mobile Banking App, ATM, Prepaid Card Web Portal, SMS service, and customer care. When using any of these techniques, make sure your card information is safe and confidential.