Temporary Laborer – Port Data Entry Clerk x2
Closing Date: March 15, 2023
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world’s largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Temporary Laborer -Port Data Entry Clerk x2. Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individuals to fill this role.
2023 Shipping Season: Rotation Schedule will be 2 weeks on-site with 2 weeks off-site
Reporting to the Port Operation Supervisor
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain accurate data entry for port shipping logs
- Manual labor/clean-up of all conveyor systems
- Pre-moisture, moisture sampling during concentrate load out operations
- Responsible for concentrate load out, boom chute and barge operations
- Safe operation of the truck dump system
- Operates and assists with VAC truck operation and clean up
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license preferred
- A team player and able to communicate well with others
- Highly motivated and have ability to perform tasks with limited direction
- Have the ability to adhere to high safety standards
- Able to work day, afternoon, or night shifts as required
- Able to work outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions
- Able to perform labor intensive work when required; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the trade
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2×2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Teck Resources Limited
Red Dog, AK