Senior Data Entry Clerk – Remote in California
Senior Data Entry Clerk – Remote in California
**If you are located within the state of California, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.**
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
Positions in this function include operating data entry devices to perform a variety of data entry duties across functions including Claims and Network Operations.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 6:30am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Data entry of billing mnemonics and all required billing information that appears on imaged requisitions + Maintain Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times + Ability to work in a fast – paced environment and multi – task + Ability to meet quality and production standards + Must be detail – oriented with independent work habits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) + 1+ years of data entry experience (preferably in medical field) + 1+ years of stable work experience (preferably doing primarily data entry) + 1+ years of working experience with Microsoft Tools including Microsoft Word (creating memos, writing), Microsoft Outlook (setting calendar appointments, email) and Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets, filtering, navigating reports) + Typing speed of at least 50+ WPM + Ability to use 10 Key + Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday between office hours of 6:30am – 5:00pm, including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and/or weekends per business need
- 1+ years of a healthcare background with medical terminology familiarity of clinical issues
- Reside within the state of California + Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy + Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable) + Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent communication skills + Excellent attention to detail + Good organizational skills + Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumInsight . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work. SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Los Angeles, CA