Sales Manager (Remote – Chicago)
Position: Sales Manager (Remote)
Salary Range: $50,000 a year + uncapped commissions + equity in Chexology
Why we are hiring for this role:
As Chexology is growing in both product and client base, so too grows our sales team. We must build a healthy pipeline of companies that need Chexology to solve their pains. To do that, we are seeking a sales manager motivated to nurture a career in tech sales and grow with us. In this role you will drive new business growth at Chexology, taking the time to understand what keeps our clients up at night. To get there, you will:
- Be active prospecting the market and engaging contacts
- Own multi-level channel outreach
- Navigate SaaS sales cycle with a consultative approach
- Close new business revenue as we work towards ambitious ARR growth targets
This is a great opportunity for you if you:
- Want to grow rapidly in a sales role
- Are motivated by hitting targets and the return it brings to you
- Want to have a measurable impact on a small, growing software company
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Source new partnering opportunities to advance goals and bring them forward to business leaders to ensure alignment
- Identify prospective clients using business directories, leads from existing clients, participation in organizations, trade shows, or conference attendance
- Gather prospect information to help drive deals, including pain points, drivers, technology ecosystem, decision-makers, and budget
Clearly articulate how Chexology can address pain points and meet specific new or existing client needs
- Answer client questions about the company, product, prices, and terms
- Quote prices based on needs and expected usage
- Describe and/or demo product features based on analyses of client needs
Facilitate sales and on-boarding processes
- Escalating potential issues, coordinating with colleagues and management to schedule meetings and follow-up items, while advocating client needs
Work collaboratively across teams including Client Success, Operations, Engineering, Product, and Marketing
- Provide feedback on how to help the sales process, such as additional marketing materials, product changes, and new sales collateral
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills; Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive results
- Positive, energetic, and go-getter attitude that displays initiative and persistence, all with a competitive drive and consultative approach
- Ability to maintain strong client relationships and establish industry partnerships
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well on a cross-functional team
- Self-learner, relentless determination, passion, and execution
- Transparency, low ego, and coachability
- Business or marketing experience
- Salesforce user experience
- Previous experience working at a start-up
Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all the boxes.
So if you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point above, please still apply. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition!
Want to know what it is like to work at Chexology:
Chexology is a global tech company headquartered in New York City. As seen on ABC’s Shark Tank, our patented software disrupts the hospitality industry by eliminating paper claim tickets (think coat check, luggage check, rentals, and valet services). Our simple-to-use mobile app has tackled some colossal hospitality challenges for institutions like Nike, Hilton Hotels, Mercedes Benz, American Express, The US Open, and Delta Airlines. We work closely with museums, concert venues, sports stadiums, and hotels just to name a few.
Behind these unique hospitality tools lies a close-knit team of individuals who come from all walks of life. We value our safe work environment, our approachable leadership, and our community of respectful colleagues. Each day, we work together by sharing our passion, life experience, and creativity in building meaningful software that enriches people’s lives all over the world.
Chexology believes it’s our responsibility to build a workforce that is reflective of our diverse society. We believe in equality for all. We believe in kindness. We believe in leaving a positive impact on the world. To uphold these values, Chexology is committed to creating an inclusive culture by embracing and celebrating diversity in our workplace and in the communities we serve. We created a Diversity & Inclusion Committee as one way to work towards creating a culture of inclusion. Doing so will help us achieve more as a company and strengthen relationships with our customers.
- Location: Fully remote w/ some travel responsibilities (for prospect visits, conferences, occasional company get-togethers, etc.).
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with $400 employer contribution
- 401k plan
- Holiday office closures
- Flexible PTO
The Interview Process:
- Interview with Talent Lead & Sales team member
- Final Interview with Founder & CEO
- Reference Check
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe diversity and inclusion mean tech leadership and teams should reflect the diversity of the United States. No employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, ethnicity, immigrant status, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability status, or veteran status.