Hello, we are now recruiting.
MBDA Missile Systems – Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Part time working available
Level 4/5 depending on experience
You’ll use an agile methodology to lead the delivery and development of simulation components for MBDA’s weapon systems.
Working in our Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation team, you’ll integrate real products, models, and synthetic environments to provide visual demonstration, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
You’ll lead a team to deliver innovative solutions using the latest technology to provide an end to end representation of the weapon systems through:
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
What we’re looking for
- A proven record of accomplishment as a Simulation / Software project lead.
- Practical Agile software development.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
- The ability to support the definition of the project scope and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders, whilst ensuring the technical feasibility.
- A robust understanding of C# and C++ software development.
- Your knowledge of industry simulation standards (DIS, HLA) software development
Here’s what’s in it for you
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world’s most advanced defence systems.
- The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in weapon system design and development and have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community. You will be joining a team delivering innovative projects that need your inspired approach, enthusiasm, and passion.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.