Hello, we are recruiting.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Configuration Engineer based at our Clients Site in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting directly to the Cyber Configuration Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Configuration Management service to the business. Ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner to agreed timelines and quality across multiple projects.
Tasks & Accountabilities
• You will deputise for the Configuration Manager in times of absence and peak loading
• You will provide cover for the Configuration Administration tasks in times of absence and peak loading
• You will provide configuration support and guidance to the Cyber Security business
• You will take ownership of configuration management deliverables for specific projects:
o Supporting the setup of project baseline structures, master records index (MRI), concessions, change notes
o Contribute to the project change management plan
o Support projects with application of specific configuration management procedures necessary to the project delivery
o Generate configuration status reports and communicate findings to the project
o Conduct Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs)
o Conduct Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs)
o Contribute to change management boards
• You will work within the guidelines of ISO 9001 / 10007, DEF STAN 05-57, Clients top down Configuration Management Guidelines and project specific Configuration Management Plans
• You will maintain all relevant part number, drawing, document, concession, change, master records index (MRI), serial number and MAC Address registers
• CM2 Accreditation is desirable but not essential as training can be provided
• Must have a very methodical approach with good attention to detail
• Experience in a similar role within the defence sector is advantageous
• An understanding of the product development lifecycle within electronic manufacturing would be an advantage
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience of documentation management / Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable
• HND / Good standard of education in a related discipline is advantageous