Hello, we are recruiting.
At Abbott, you will play a crucial role to help people live more fully at all stages of their lives. Abbott is a global healthcare leader and our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional products and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues have a daily impact on the life of people in more than 160 countries.
In Ireland, Abbott employs over 5,000 people across nine sites. We currently have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott also has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been making a difference in the lives of Irish people since 1946.
DIABETES CARE KILKENNY
Abbott Diabetes Care is opening a new site, in Kilkenny, that will be at the forefront of Diabetes care with the latest technology, to manufacture FreeStyle blood glucose test strips and FreeStyle Sensors for use in diabetes management. Among Abbott Diabetes Care leading brands are the FreeStyle Precision, FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Libre systems.
THIS IS HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT ABBOTT:
In this role you will act as a Validation SME for the Operations department and support Validation activities across the Libre process, primarily focusing on Process Qualifications and Assessments for the Operation department, ensuring the site delivers safe and effective products that meet customer needs whilst maintaining compliance.
It will be a very big plus if you can bring experience in developing projects or sites from square one.
You will be responsible of:
- Generating, executing and reviewing validation protocols and associated reports for related Process & Software Validation Activities.
- Identifying opportunities and Improvements on current manufacturing process & software.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once while adhering to project plans and timelines.
- Assisting in providing Technical information for Non-Conformance reports relating to Manufacturing Process & Software.
- Ensuring adherence to 6S in the Operation areas, ensuring the department conducts its business in a manner designed to be productive and protective of human health, safety and the environment.
- Compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant third level qualification in Engineering/Science.
- Minimum 5 years Validation experience required.