Hello, we are now recruiting.
Retail Travel Agent – Required for a very well established, well respected and an ‘Investors in People – Platinum’ employer, meaning that they have been recognised as one of the country’s top employers, offering progression opportunities to all their colleagues.
Based in their Grantham retail travel shop as one of their Travel Consultants you will be working within a sociable but fast-paced and sales-focused environment, where no two days are the same. Working closely as part of your motivated and friendly team, your main role will be to establish the travel needs of your customers and deliver the right products, packages, and destination to make their vision a reality.
As a Retail Travel Agent you will in brief be: –
- Organising travel packages for customers from start to end, including arranging flights, insurance, accommodation, and the extras that ensure the holiday goes smoothly
- Managing customers’ holiday administration, including the collection, and processing of payments
- Helping to drive business through social media and organising events, to help build and maintain relationships with your customers
- To maintain relevant computer-based and paper records, financial records, order merchandise and prepare reports, along with any other administrative duties as may be required in the role
- General office duties and assisting with the day-to-day operation of the branch.
Benefits of working as a Retail Agent: –
- Basic pay plus incentive bonus scheme paid quarterly
- Working 5 days a week Mon – Sat, with a day off in leiu for working a Saturday, 9am – 5pm
- Up to 30 days annual leave (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Pension scheme (with up to 12% employer contributions)
- Generous colleague discount rates across their brands
- Twice yearly discretionary colleague bonuses to reward you for your hard work
- Free tea and coffee provisions for all colleagues during rest breaks at work
- Wellbeing initiatives and community engagement opportunities
- Opportunities to travel to exciting new places to experience them first hand. This will support you in being able to sell these destinations to your customers.
Suitable candidates to be a Retail Travel Agent will:-
- Ideally have experience gained within the retail travel industry ideally having been a Travel Agent / Travel Consultant in retail travel
- Alternatively we would welcome candidates to apply whom have a Travel & Tourism qualification attained at College or University that is looking for their first career opportunity in to the exciting and varied world of the travel industry.