Hello, we are hiring.
OUR CLIENT is a property investment and development boutique who own a range of properties across the UK. They are now looking for a Financial Controller to take responsibility for the group accounts and oversee their in-house property accounting function.
- Preparing consolidated management accounts and cash flows models.
- Managing capital allowances, HMRC liaison on VAT and corporation tax.
- Being responsible for SDLT, CIL, purchase and sale, land registry, VAT claims on property development costs.
- Liaising with external auditors to submit statutory accounts after development of audit files, year-end adjustments for accruals and prepayment and other accounting treatment as needed.
- Preparing board packs, including cash flow projections, budgets, and financial reports.
- Reporting to financiers for loan covenant monitoring to include interest cover, and compliance certificates.
- Being responsible for debt restructuring.
- Reviewing and interrogating the variances.
- Overseeing the production of payroll.
- Overseeing and occasionally help prepare service charge budgets.
- Managing the accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Reviewing and streamlining processes and procedures.
THE PERSON: You will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with several years of experience working in a senior group finance role within the real estate sector. Good, solid technical accounting experience and the ability to independently run the accounting function is important. You will have a proven track record of reviewing and streamlining processes and procedures to make things more efficient. It is essential you have strong management / leadership skills and excellent communications as you will be managing a small team.
This is very good opportunity to work with a company where you can make a difference.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International’s database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.