Hello, we are now hiring.
Our Aerospace Client in the UK are looking for talented Principal Loads and Aeroelastics Engineers to join their team. They are looking for both permanent employees and contractors.
The engineers will work within a team responsible for all aspects of aircraft structural dynamics, from model build and validation to the prediction of flutter and the computation of ground and flight loads for the whole aircraft. As a Principal Engineer, responsibility will include leading technical packages of work/tasks, providing input into the generation of technical proposal documents and supporting and approving the work of junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of aircraft structural dynamics, loads and aeroelastics.
Proven relevant experience in industry is required with a good knowledge of methods and processes followed within this field for both analysis and certification purposes.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within and manage a team of engineers.
This role will be predominantly based in their Bristol office with occasional travel to their clients’ sites as required. As part of their commitment to flexibility, their staff can choose to work from the alternative offices in Preston or in Derby if preferred. They will also accept hybrid working or fully remote working.
- Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level
- Manage multiple tasks/projects and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets
- Interact with internal and external customers on a technical and programme level
- Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results)
- Follow the working practices defined in the project Quality Plan
- Preparation, presentation and approval of the technical content of bid
- Ensure given tasks achieve their full objectives
- Write/approve technical reports detailing the work performed
Responsibilities will be expected to be developed and finalised over time and will include but will not be restricted to:
- Support the development of new business proposals, through technical content, work breakdown, hours and cost estimate and, where necessary, provide technical iteration with the customer to promote a successful outcome
- Support the preparation and implementation of planning documentation including quality, technical and budget plans for projects
- Provide technical direction within the delegated area of responsibility
- Support the personal development of team members and motivate and coordinate their work to ensure that projects achieve their full objectives
- Review the performance of team members
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Provide support to the aerospace technologies group capability development activities
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- Post-graduate qualification to a Master’s degree or Doctorate in a relevant specialisation (desirable)
- Membership of an Engineering Body (desirable)
- Chartered Engineer Status (desirable)
- Clear, concise and accurate technical reporting within Microsoft Word
- Use of Matlab language and environment for analysis
- Skilled in:
– EXCEL and use for computations and analysis (desirable)
– PowerPoint and the presentation of technical information (desirable)
– Simulink, FORTRAN (desirable)
- The ability to focus on the task in-hand
- The willingness to question
- Attention to detail and the discipline to self-check results
- The organisation and drive to meet deadlines
- A diplomatic and professional approach to dealing with people
- To enjoy working within a team environment
- Willingness to embrace change and to implement new processes
- Willingness to support and to contribute to the development of the junior engineers (desirable)
- General experience within aerospace, maritime or defence engineering environment
- For ‘Systems Focus’, experience of project management of engineering technical services provision, or systems and software development or management of dynamic analysis and modelling tasks
- Experience of UK/EU Export Control and Foreign Regulatory Frameworks (EAR/ITAR) – Desirable
- Knowledge of (any) aerospace standards EASA CS25, CS23, FAA FAR25, FAR23, ARP 4754, Do-254 and Do-178B/C or functional safety related, such as IEC61508 – Desirable
- Experienced stakeholder manager, able to lead project reviews and generate effective reporting
- Line management experience (of at least one other) – Desirable
- Experience of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as MS NAV/Dynamics or SAP – Desirable
Applications are invited for both Permanent and Contract roles.