Hello, we are recruiting.
General Manager – Logistics & Planning – Holiday Operations, based at Holiday House in Leeds City Centre. Up to 12 months maternity cover.
Reporting to the Head of Jet2holidays Overseas Operations, the General Manager – Logistics & Planning – Holiday Operations will lead a number of projects across the Jet2holidays Holiday operations including the re-launch of Resort Flight Check-In (RFCI)
This would be a great opportunity for you to gain an insight into our Overseas Operations function on a fixed-term basis & help lead it to some great successes in 2023 by taking the lead on the RFCI project.
This key role owns the strategy, design and planning involved in delivering industry-leading and award-winning operational support to our customers, colleagues, and partners. There will be a strong focus on cross-functional team collaboration by working closely with departments such as, Product, Legal, Contracting & Ground Operations functions.
What will you do in the role?
- Plan and implement major projects including the management and maintenance of all associated documentation – plans, risk logs & stakeholder reporting
- Define tasks & the required resources to deliver these. This will involve agreeing on these with the stakeholders across the business, and managing the team against the plan
- Effective reporting across both stakeholders and senior business team
- Creation and management of operational budgets
- Track deliverables and management of risk and escalation accordingly
- This will cover but not be limited to; software, IT equipment, people resourcing, contract set up, office set up, branding, vehicles, etc
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
What are the key skills/experience you’ll already have?
We’re looking for somebody with significant experience in a customer-focused, logistics or Operational role within a Tour Operator or Airline. You will be calm and reliable under pressure, making clear and confident decisions in challenging circumstances.
Senior stakeholder management is key within the role and you must have the ability to come up with solutions and challenges where appropriate. You will also have: –
- Project management & project life-cycle understanding
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor & develop your people
- Experience of working overseas and an in-depth knowledge of industry regulations relating to areas such as ABTA, Package holidays and Airline Operations would be hugely beneficial
What can we offer you?
We have been recognised as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the UK on Glassdoor and offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including: –
- Hybrid working – we’re in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Competitive salary, with annual pay review
- Contributory pension scheme
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Many retail discounts on – travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle
We offer an excellent remuneration package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.