Hello, we are recruiting.
Would you thrive in a job that makes a real difference to people’s lives in your region, tackling fuel poverty and climate change?
Our client’s work directly impacts the housing crisis, supports sustainable communities and provides life-long homes for their customers. They provide critical services to the most vulnerable, but they also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
They are passionate about their communities and their staff. They are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing their colleagues’ talents to deliver the best service they can and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role
They are currently recruiting a Payment Support Advisor to join their Customer Experience team. You will collect rent arrears and other housing related debts whilst working respectfully and proactively with customers to enable them to take control of their debt and remain in their home.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Monitor accounts and implement their collection procedures, ensuring customers are contacted regarding their debt.
· You’ll make referrals to internal and external support services, liaising with relevant teams to ensure customers receive the appropriate support.
· Negotiate agreements for the repayment of debts.
· Prepare and serve all paperwork for the service of notices, possession proceedings and evictions.
· Prepare cases and represent Grand Union at Court by presenting cases and giving evidence for small claims, possession hearings, evictions and other relevant proceedings
· Liaise with the On-boarding and Successful Tenancies teams for review of new tenancies, including starter and fixed term tenancies.
What they’re looking for:
· Previous experience in a similar customer facing role delivering debt recovery services.
· Ideally in a social housing setting.
· You’ll have experience of dealing with customers in crisis, who may be suffering from high levels of stress or mental ill health.
· You’ll be able to show empathy towards customers and be non-judgmental with the ability
· to handle stressful situations calmly and respectfully.
· Knowledge and experience of Open Housing system is advantageous.
· Strong communication, engagement and listening skills
· Excellent problem solver with strong decision making skills.
What they offer:
· Annual leave 25 days rising to 30 days with length of service
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme – employer contribution up to 10%
· Life assurance (2x salary)
· Generous sick pay
· Free car parking
· Numerous learning and development opportunities including qualifications
· Paid professional subscriptions (max 2 if both relevant to role)
· Agile working
· Medicash counselling (helpline and face to face)
· On-site wellbeing activities including massages
· Free annual flu jabs
· Plus, lots more! (See attached benefits list)
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, our client wants to hear from you.