Hello there, we are recruiting.
Manager of Mechanical Equipment will be the JM Catalyst Technologies Licensing Subject Matter Expert and lead all aspects of Rotating Equipment and Package Equipment Engineering required to support the Company’s Licensing Business across development, Basic and Detailed Engineering, Equipment Supply and Construction.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group’s sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
This includes enabling the production of clean hydrogen for use in the energy and chemical sectors, and make sustainable aviation fuels and power-to-x technologies a reality. We have wide ambitions to grow this business and to be the partner of choice for all our customers. By leveraging our engineering and science expertise, our goal is to catalyse the transition to net zero.
- Technical governance and management of all Rotating Equipment and Package Equipment Engineering for all projects and activities within Licencing and associated R&D.
- Delivery of project outcomes in accordance with company procedures as well as within project schedules and budgets.
- Contribute to EHS through safety in design, management of change, behavioural safety and ensuring adherence to Business and Group policies.
- Provision of authoritative technical support and advice on Machinery solutions to internal & external customers.
- Provide innovative design solutions for equipment, owning and solving unique technical issues of significant complexity and business impact.
- Identify new technologies, processes, and procedures where these allow JM to gain competitive advantage.
- Responsible for coaching and development of developing Engineers to build department capability.
Requirements for the role:
- Significant experience working in Mechanical Equipment within a Technology Licensor, EPC Contractor, relevant OEM, or closely related business
- Degree or HND qualification in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of API standards and other international standards for rotating equipment e.g. ASME and ISO
- Experience of rotating equipment specification including compressors, pumps, steam turbines, centrifugal fans, agitators, ejectors, and electric motors
- Experience in the technical evaluation process of rotating equipment including bid review, technical evaluation, and review of post order documentation.
- Experience of package equipment containing various equipment items including pressure vessels and rotating equipment
- Extensive experience of selecting rotating equipment for chemical process plants.
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
Open to part time, job share and flexible working patterns
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
This role will close when sufficient applications have been received. Early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.