Recruiting Now: Lead Test Engineer Wanted
Are you an experienced Lead Test Engineer?
Are you a strategic thinker?
We are looking for a Lead Test Engineer to join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We’re driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
You’ll define and own comprehensive test strategies, leading a team of engineers to develop robust test approaches and innovative new solutions that will positively affect the lives of millions of UK citizens.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We’d love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you’ll be an expert voice and thought leader driving forward DWP’s testing capabilities.
We need to know that the products, services and applications that we build and maintain work – they are critical to the lives of so many people – and we want you to help us become a world class test environment.
You’ll define and own test strategies for your team, developing detailed testing solutions and identifying opportunities to innovate and improve.
You’re a big part of our Test community too. You’ll have opportunities to coach, direct and lead others from your test team and the wider test community, to establish and share best practices and champion testing excellence.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience leading the strategic to day-to-day direction of functional and non-functional testing across multiple teams in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of a programming language and experience with automated testing across UI and API’s with associated tools.
- Experience of test engineering principle and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, microservices and associated methodologies and tools.
- Experience engaging, and communicating with multiple stakeholders on risks, issues and opportunities.
- Experience building and supporting an environment where people are empowered, feel safe to challenge, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Experience growing Test Engineers capability by leading, recruiting, retaining, and developing people.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You will join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Birmingham, Blackpool Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield or Newcastle, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work and collaborate flexibly. We work a hybrid model with some time at home and some time in a hub with the team.
We offer pay of up to £74,392.
You will be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth £18,000 – £21,000 a year.
You will get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising to 31, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.