We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD clinical research services – thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
PPD’s Language Services (LS) organization has a role for a Language Specialist. This role will be overseeing and managing final quality of assigned translations as well as develop and manage quality assurance and language asset strategies (e.g., translation memories, terminology and style guides) globally and for assigned languages. The language specialist will perform translations for assigned language in addition to owning the language strategy.
This Language Specialist role is for a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, who resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Oversees and performs translation tasks including initial translation, revision and quality checks.
- Develops and maintains global terminology strategy and for assigned languages.
- Drives and implements global and local translation memories strategy.
- Drives and executes global and local linguistic quality assurance process.
- Drives global language quality strategy and has established tools to monitor the quality of outsourced language translations.
- Analyses language quality issues and works on global and local improvement plans with project management.
- Works on assigned projects by the Language Services department.
- Represents the department as a prime contact on projects. Interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional areas.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2 to 5 years proven medical translation experience (preferred in clinical translation).
- Languages: Hebrew, Russian and English.
- CAT/TMS tool experience required.
- Proven Terminology and TM strategy experience required.
- Proven skills of multi-tasking, time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful and solution oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in translations, linguistics or language studies with significant translation studies from a recognized institution or higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree in another field and 2 years of translation experience (preferred in clinical translations).
- If no Bachelor’s degree then, 2 to 5 years of translation experience (preferred in clinical translations).
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
What we offer
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!