Recruiting Now: Head of Corporate Marketing & Communication Needed
Hello, we are recruiting.
Mootral is on a mission to transform how we produce food. To make it the most sustainable possible. We’re looking for a hands-on marketing and communications professional to join us on this mission. As Mootral’s Head of Corporate Marketing & Communication, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing & communication strategies, initiatives for corporate marketing, brand activations, and public affairs plans. You will work to increase brand awareness and perception, drive engagement on customer and policy level and ultimately generate leads.
We are a small but rapidly growing team, so we’re looking for someone who can handle all relevant tasks, spanning from strategic work to executing plans and getting things done. This will include leading our creative and communication agencies, as well as working closely with our cross functional team. We are not looking for anything run-of-the-mill. We are looking for someone inspired, brave, mission-oriented, and willing to take risks and stand up for what they believe in.
The Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications reports to the CEO and then report to the Chief Commercial Officer upon his/her appointment. You will have the opportunity to build your own team almost from scratch.
- Living and breathing our DNA and mission
- Lead the development and execution of strategic marketing and communication plans for our corporate business across all channels
- Increase mission and brand awareness and perception, and drive engagement on customer and policy level, and generate leads for Mootral’s commercial teams
- Continue developing the corporate identity in consultation with the leadership team and other relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the public affairs strategy and execution
- Collaborate closely with the cross-functional teams, ensuring and supporting appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency regarding messaging and corporate identity
- Manage Mootral’s creative and comms agencies
- Conduct strategic marketing analysis that will help guide marketing messages
- Oversee our digital channels, including websites (incl. SEO/SEM), social media, etc
- Ensure that all current marketing and copyright regulations comply with accepted professional standards, policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Execute, review and report on all areas of marketing and communication plans and strategies and their implementation, as well as managing the relevant budgets.
- Routinely share strategies, progress, results, learnings, and relevant industry trends, with the broader team.
- Respond to emergencies such as crises or setbacks with an eye on consistency across releases.
- Min. 8 years of international experience in the field of marketing with work experience as Head of Marketing & Communications or similar, preferably within our industry (Foodtech/Agritech or sustainability brands)
- Proven track record of building brands, managing external communications and public affairs campaigns. Previous work in B corporations or with companies that have a strong mission is a must
- Experience working at startups or prior experience in a founding team
- Proven track record in building up teams from scratch and managing a team
- Proven ability in critical thinking and analytical working
- Exceptional management and decision-making skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills externally and internally across teams; with an aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Excellent organizational skills and cross-functional leadership
- Attention to detail
- Languages: English as first language or proficiency level.
- Every other language is a plus.
The candidate should ideally be based in the UK or continental Europe. In the UK we have offices in Abertillery (Wales) and in Hammersmith (West London)