Onsite Medical Records Receptionist I
Onsite Medical Records Receptionist I
At Ciox Health, people are most important to us. We strive to have a positive impact on each individual in regard to their personal health information. If you’re looking to make a difference in the lives of many, please join the Ciox Team!
- Opportunity to work a full-time schedule. Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CST; (Chicago IL 60632)
- Receive full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (including major holidays)
- Virtual and in-person training
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Preferred understanding of HIPAA requirements for releasing medical recordsand medical record requests
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Handling inbound and outbound calls, email, fax and other administrative tasks
- Assisting walk up patients and/or clients
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI), specifically medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
What You Will Do…
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software.
- Adhere to the Company’s and Customer facilities Code of Conduct and policies.
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating volumes.
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the electronic medical record.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately.
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls.
- May assist with patient walk-ins.
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes, opening mail, and data entry.
- Must meet productivity expectations as outlined at specific site.
- May schedules pick-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Helps You Stand Out…
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience. (must be Bilingual Spanish)
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and customers.
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.
Working conditions & physical demands
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach horizontally and vertically for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Low to no travel required.
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
With very limited exceptions (medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit you from getting the vaccine), one of the requirements for this job is that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
*Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce mandates.