Now Recruiting: Security Officer Needed
Hello, we are recruiting.
An exciting opportunity for a Security Officer who will ensure the safety of a whole host of people during the status quo and specialist events while always maintaining a professional customer focused mentality.
This site is located at the north of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and provides over one million sq. ft of space for creatives and digital companies. The technology and innovation campus encompasses a community of over 4,500 people working across academic institutions, corporate and a wide range of start-ups.
- Position: Security Officer
- Location: H ackney / Stratford
- Pay Rate: £12.83 per hour
- Hours: Average 42 hours per week
- Shifts: 4 on 4 off – Days , Nights & Weekends
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence is required
- Security experience is required of at least 1 year
- Physically fit to complete patrols internally and externally and able to stand/walk for extended periods when asked in all weathers
- Excellent levels of customer service, communication & attention to detail at all times
- Proactive, adaptable, & strong IT (Word, Outlook & Excel) and telephony skills
- Strong incident report and writing skills
- Well-presented and excellent communication skills
- Flexible in the approach to daily duties and additional events when held on site.
- First Aid qualification, CCTV, Banksman, Fire Marshal & IOSH is a bonus.
- Be confident you are able to undertake 100% of all specific duties.
- Be able to provide all the documentation and vetting information requested.
Duties to include:
- Providing service excellence to staff, visitors and VIP’s that attend the campus
- Responding to emergency situations and incidents
- Patrolling the campus (internal & external)
- First aid and fire marshal responders
- Provide Banksman duties to vehicles
- Event support
- Loading bay and Dock office duties
- Reception duties
- Problem solving
- Manual handling and moving items when required
- Assisting with last minute requests
- Able to demonstrate and deliver high quality guarding and customer service to both our clients and service users – To preserve order and to secure premises, people, and assets.
- To take all reasonable and required measures to protect venue
- To convey a smart, well-groomed appearance in approved uniform, provide a first-class customer service and display high levels of vigilance throughout a shift, making a good first impression.
- To portray a friendly, professional, and courteous demeanour always, using open and appropriate body language.
- Vigilance is key in this regard – any untoward activity and/or security related concerns must be immediately reported to Security Control.
- To be customer service facing – Polite, Positive and Professional at all times – every single colleague, tenant and visitor is a client and must be treated as such.
- To operate the site CCTV system and man SCR when required (a valid SIA CCTV license is required for this)
- Fire Marshal duties and responsibilities to be carried out in compliance with the site Fire Evac SOP and Fire Marshal training
- Perform internal and external patrols of the campus, noting all observations and ensuring that any untoward activity or issues are immediately reported
- Respond to alarm activations and investigate disturbances as instructed
- Monitor entry and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons – all untoward activity is to be immediately reported.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities (statements and incident reports), such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons or any unusual occurrences
- Perform escort duties as and when instructed and carry out ad hoc requests / taskings as instructed
- Reception duties when required and follow correct sign in / sign out process for visitors
- Perform loading bay duties when required
- Check equipment when issued at beginning of shift, including personal radio and bodycam
- Not to leave their manned post (including the Yard or Loading Bays) unless instructed to do so, or when relieved
- Officers are to act as a high profile and mobile security presence, remaining alert to all activity
- Ensure deliveries are directed to the correct Loading Bay / Dock Office
- Ensure the Bus Stop area and loading bay areas are kept clear at all times
- Explaining the no parking policy to any unauthorised vehicle.
- Follow the deployment timetable and correct sign on / sign off procedure. SO must report to the SM before leaving site.
- Manual handling duties include removing and replacing bollards, barriers, protesting pens etc.
- The above details is not exhaustive, but is designed to provide a general overview of the Security Officer role.
- Health care plan (HSF)
- Perk Box (HSF) – discounts & offers from cinema tickets to days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tailed Site Uniform
- First class training allowing you to develop your skills
- A view for career development
- Long service & Employee Recognition awards
CIS Security has been providing manned guarding services since 1972 and has developed into one of the most effective and reliable security companies in England. At CIS Security, we work as a team to deliver operational excellence and truly believe that the service we provide is unparalleled in the security industry.
At CIS Security Ltd, we do not just accept difference ? we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. CIS Security Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, quality, and business needs.