Hello there, we are now recruiting.
Orbis Education and Care is a sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. For children we offer specialist schools and residential homes that offer education, care and in-house therapeutic support, and for adults we offer community homes.
Our pioneering day services focus on work and life skills for young people and adults ensuring that learning continues into adulthood.
Our focus is on supporting individuals: their needs as well as their strengths, interests and aspirations, in order to offer placements that are holistic, engaging and person-centred. Our mission is to support individuals with complex needs to become as independent, confident and fulfilled as possible.
Your typical duties will include:
- Assisting with the delivery of end-to-end recruitment solutions including the communication and enabling of all recruitment & selection processes where needed.
- Proactive ownership and resolution of complex recruitment and/or talent issues, including direction & guidance for Recruitment Business Partners ensuring a consistent, compliant, and fair approach to all recruitment & selection activity.
- Managing contracts and relationships with external vendors.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders to drive, trust, best recruitment practice, support operational leadership though qualitative advice & guidance and drive business continuity.
- Support a wide range of projects that drive a Recruitment agenda through wider engagement with HR/Business project owners ensuring interdependencies to the People Strategy are complemented.
- Recommend improvements to existing operating practices, processes, and systems to increase recruitment efficiency and improve corporate standards and consistency whilst maintaining a commercial lens.
- Preparation of extensive MI reporting as well as providing insight and strategic improvement opportunities.
- Provide line management support both remotely and in office to Recruitment Business Partners and contribute to the development of the team by conducting regular team meetings, 121s, appraisals and personal development plans.
- Assess team performance regularly ensuring Recruitment Business Partners are working to relevant KPIs and provide solutions for challenging areas.
To be successful, you will need:
- The ability to leverage data analytics to drive the People Strategy and business strategy around retention, productivity, and talent management.
- A deep understanding of UK compliance including pre-employment vetting and recruitment best practice with a particular focus on social care, regulatory practice and safeguarding.
- A broad understanding of strategic workforce planning in relation to driving commercial efficiencies in both operational and corporate function type environments.
- Fully conversant or ability to absorb knowledge quickly in all aspects of Talent Acquisition best practice including attraction strategies, Employer Brand amplification, selection methodology and standard operating methodology.
- Demonstrable experience in the creation of innovative resourcing strategies leveraging subject matter expertise across the wider HR function and organisation.
- Strong communication and influencing skills across various stakeholder groups.
- A deep understanding and ability to use data to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruitment process. Has conceptualised and partnered with operational staff to develop recruitment reporting and metrics to foster the capability of data-driven decisions and recommendations where possible.
- Strong management experience and a successful track record of building, inspiring and managing a recruiting team, able to coach and effectively delegating, sharing feedback and influencing.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to understand how different businesses/models work and why and how the talent function can impact those outcomes.
- ILM Lvl 5, CIPD Lvl 5 and/or extensive experience managing within a recruitment, resourcing or talent acquisition environment.
- Some knowledge of UK Visa Sponsorship.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written with a credible, professional approach.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems.
- Experience in maintaining and producing accurate data to track recruitment activity and performance.
- Knowledge of contracts of employment.
- Employment law and policy development is preferred.