Hello, we are recruiting.
Geovation are currently looking for a Community Manager to join our team based in London. You will join us on a fixed-term contract covering Maternity Leave. You will receive a competitive salary of £31,442 – £36,990 per annum plus London weighting £3,500.
At Geovation, we believe that entrepreneurs have the power to make the world a better place, and we’re here to help them achieve that.
We run market-leading accelerator programmes in Geotech and Proptech, connecting industry problems to start-up solutions, so that together we can have a positive impact on people, planet and profit. Geovation is a critical part of Ordnance Survey, the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Community Manager:
- 14-month contract
- Salary £31,442 to £36,990 plus London weighting £3,500
- Performance related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working: Part-time and flexible working options are available
- 25 days annual leave – (rising by 1 day each year to 30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 days over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
As our Community Manager, you will lead the management of the Hub, associated administration and community events.
You will have direct responsibility for assuring our Hub operations are running smoothly, and will be a visible and friendly presence in the Hub, providing a day-to-day contact point for our members and collaborators.
Your responsibilities as our Community Manager will include:
- Leading the management and operations of the Geovation hub
- Being the main point of contact for new and current members
- Organising and delivering a programme of community events and opportunities for members to engage with Geovation
- Carrying out inductions and providing all the necessary information for all new members
- Identifying opportunities to implement operational efficiencies and improvements, and taking a proactive approach to implementing new ideas
- Managing the Hub infrastructure with the building facilities team (cleaning, reception etc) and any improvement projects
- Completing finance and administrative duties associated with Geovation operations
- Overseeing and organising the Mentorship Programme (twice a year)
- Tracking member engagement and feedback, making improvements as a result
- Supporting on ad-hoc Geovation or Ordnance Survey projects as required
What we’re looking for in our Community Manager:
- You’ll be naturally charismatic, with the confidence to go out and make engaging connections with the community
- You’ll be precise and organised with a great attention to detail
- You’re a persuasive character, naturally encouraging others to join our community and our positive impact mission
- You’ll be a great team player
- A genuine interest in start-ups, new technology and approaches, and in making the world a better place!
- You will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of other tools such as indesign and illustrator is a bonus
We believe diversity and inclusion is about working together – in a supportive and respectful environment to reach our full potential.
We’re individually talented and collectively powerful and we give you the space to take your career in whichever direction you want.