Now Recruiting: Animal Carer Needed
Hello, we are recruiting now.
This role requires flexibility during our busy season is key with regards to hours and days worked.
Dedicated to providing a high-quality private concierge service to our exclusive clients. UKME ensures that the properties, we maintain are presented to the highest standard possible.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge, wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We are looking for a Animal Carer to undertake the following duties on a day-to-day basis:
- Ensure all animals, including dogs, cats, reptiles and rabbits etc. are fed regularly and appropriate (correct food, quantities and times).
- Ensure a high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in all indoor and outdoor cages and habitats.
- Ensure all food and water bowls, blankets and beds are washed and cleaned regularly and effectively.
- Ensure all animals, in particular the dogs, are exercised and played with regularly and appropriately.
- Bathe, brush and groom all animals on a regular basis to ensure they are clean and presentable at all times.
- Check all animals for injury or sickness on a regular basis.
- Take any ill animals to a veterinarian in a timely manner.
- Administer any medicines or treatments to ill animals accurately according to veterinarian instructions.
- Keep an adequate supply of animal related items. Ensure stock is stored adequately and that stock levels are maintained regularly. Establish relationships and liaise with local pet shops and suppliers.
- Supervise and work effectively with the Assistant Animal Carer to ensure a high level of service is delivered to the client at all times.
- Communicate regularly with the Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager, advising them of relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ensure a professional approach is always delivered with particular emphasis on maintaining confidentiality.
- Liaise regularly with colleagues, supervisors and managers to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered to the client at all times.
- Provide a highly customer focused service to the company and client at all times.
- Provide cover for colleagues during periods of absence.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, particularly in regard to health and safety.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Previous professional experience working with and caring for animals.
- Previous supervisory/management experience.
- Relevant animal care qualification.
- Full, valid UK drivers licence.
- Highly conscientious
- Strong time management, organisation and planning skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Can work under pressure with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Reliable and punctual
- Highly professional and presentable
- Able to work well in a team and unsupervised
- Extremely confidential and discreet
- Can follow instructions in a cooperative and accurate manner