Now Hiring: Support Worker Wanted
Hello, we are now hiring.
If you are looking for more than a “9-5” job within social care then ‘Jamie’, an amazing young gentleman with learning disabilities and autism, is looking to welcome you into his home to support him to live his best life – the life he chooses to live.
At Dimensions, we believe it is who you are as a person – and the difference you can bring to lives of the person you will be supporting – that is more important than experience. Whether you are new to support work, or have supported people previously, we want to hear from you! We will give you all the training you need to be become an amazing support worker for the people you will be working with.
That said, to work with this amazing young man, you do need to be confident, engaging, calm and able to follow support plans that have been designed to help Jamie regulate his emotions when he is feeling overwhelmed.
Jamie is quite an able young man who enjoys an active life – especially swimming and he would love you to swim with him, or at the very least, you need to accompany Jamie poolside so you can enjoy the activity with him. He also enjoys getting out and about in nature (he has a work placement on a farm and loves going out on bike rides).
Jamie is looking a support workers who will provide companionship, conversation, emotional support and empowerment to him. You will need to be creative in your approach to inspire Jamie to feel confident to make the most of every day.
Working Hours: Full-time – 37.5hrs a week or part-time from 15 hours a week. You would work a 15 hour day, followed by a sleep-night (which is paid at £45 per night).
Rate: £11 per hour
Location: Bristol (BS4)
Applicants must hold a full UK driver’s license as Jamie needs you to be able to drive his car for him
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme 2022, and you will be fully supported not just by your team colleagues, but also by your passionate manager.
For further information about the role, the shifts available, and the people we support, please contact our Recruitment Consultant, Ronnie Lillywhite on or 0300 303 9150
On top of on-going, fully-funded training and mentoring, we offer all our colleagues generous benefits; job satisfaction and job security, genuine career prospects, and an inclusive, caring work environment that celebrates diversity, champions mental well-being, and encourages employee recognition.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone who has the right to work in the UK, and value diversity in our workforce
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you’ve earned before payday.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment.