Hello, we are hiring.
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Data Consultant, ou will manage the delivery of data advisory projects, helping to manage concurrent priorities across the team. You’ll be part a team and support a direct more junior staff, whilst providing both direction and technical guidance, providing advice and support to our clients, including in areas such as: data strategy, governance, analytics, and management. In this role you will ensure outstanding delivery of our existing services as well as contribute to and development of innovative new services which address emerging customer needs.
A bit about the team
We are looking for a highly motivated person to become a Senior Data Consultant within our growing Digital & Data Advisory Team, who can help us empower lasting industry transformation. You will be part of our growing team which provides industry-leading, award-winning consulting services. We work with our clients helping them to harness opportunities, including asset data to tackle their complex challenges. We do this by bringing together the best of our engineering domain knowledge and digital and data know how.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Strong communication, leadership and business skills – you can engage with technical and business stakeholders and interpret them, manage their expectations, facilitate difficult discussions within diverse teams and senior stakeholders and are able to explain complex concepts in simple, plain language and clear visuals.
- Strategic thinking – You can work in a strategic context and communicate how data projects and activities meet strategic goals. You can contribute to evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure they meet business requirements. You focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- Turning business problems and processes into data design – You can design data architectures that align user needs with organisational goals and system requirements, which span different business areas, aligning them to enterprise-wide standards to reach solutions.
- Data governance – You understand data governance and how it works in relation to other organisational governance structures. You understand how to assure and integrate data solutions to meet the needs of multiple business services.
- Data modelling – You understand concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce data models across multiple business functions and subject areas. You understand different modelling tools and can reverse-engineer a data model from a live system. You understand industry recognised data modelling patterns and standards and know how to apply them.
- Data standards – You understand how to develop and analyse data standards and can communicate the business benefit of data standards. You have an appreciation of data and information standards relevant to the sectors we work in.
- Metadata management – You understand a variety of metadata management tools, and can work with them to design and maintain the appropriate metadata repositories and undertake data and system integration impact analysis.
- Data innovation – You can identify opportunities for innovation with new tools and uses of data.
- Data communication – You can present, communicate and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact. You can explain basic principles, processes and tools to others to help upskill your colleagues and your clients.
- Data technology – You have good understanding of data technology landscape from data storage, transformation, analytics to governance and quality management tools.
Required for the position of Senior Data Consultant;
- Able to work independently
- Strong team player, and able to work effectively and inclusively with remote teams.
- Ability to work in a fluid, unstructured environment with a can-do, positive attitude and seeing things through to the end
- Learning and growth mindset to develop new skills and expand knowledge within different areas of data management
- Chartership or similar professional certification with a recognised industry or other body appropriate to the role
- Strong project management and commercial skills with ability to lead small teams
- 6+ years professional experience delivering data projects
- Experience in at least one of transportation, energy, water, defence, buildings, environment, technology sectors
- Customer centric perspective that focusses upon outcomes and whole-life value
- Understanding of the complexity, requirements, and implications of organisational transformation
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery?(APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The?Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.