Hello, we are excited to announce our recruitment
Liverpool (L20 1BG / L20 8DF)
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension, private healthcare and performance related bonus.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for developing and contributing towards food safety and quality improvements at Cargill’s oilseed sites in Liverpool. You will be involved in internal auditing, investigation of non-conformances, improvement projects and training.
Cargill’s soybean crush plant and Refinery in Seaforth produces high protein soybean meal, soya hulls, crude soya oil and crude tocopherol (vitamin E). Our rapeseed crush plant and refinery based in Brocklebank produces mid protein meal and crude rape oil and has facilities to outload oil for export. Crush products are developed for various implementations in food e.g. catering, biodiesel and animal feed. We also and operate an?imported feed ingredient terminal, S2, at Seaforth Dock.
• Conduct physical audits to identify, monitor and implement quality and food safety improvements
• Implement standardisation and best practices across the sites
• Conduct investigations into non conformances to find root causes and identify improvements
• Develop systems for improving data capture and visualisation to aid the quality teams to identify opportunities
• Provide food safety and quality input to projects
• Bachelors / Master’s degree in a quality assurance / food safety / science based subject or proven practical experience in place of a degree
• Demonstrated experience working in food safety / quality assurance, in a food / drinks, animal feed or chemicals manufacturing environment
• knowledge of food safety / HACCP and quality assurance
• Auditing skills and strong understanding of FSSC22000 and ISO9001
• A solutions oriented working style (analytical, problem solving and decision making)
• Ability to work in a practical, hands-on environment
• A continuous improvement qualification e.g. Lean Six Sigma Yellow/ Green Belt.