Hello, we are hiring.
Would you like to join the team that defines the micro-architecture of the future Arm CPUs, and influence the future by crafting products that millions of people will use all over the world? We are looking for engineers willing to accept the challenge of growing our modelling and performance analysis capability and explore ideas that will define very successful products, as well as building and supporting initiatives that will improve our methodologies and perform wider and faster explorations of the CPU design space.
The performance modelling team within the CPU group is responsible for early performance exploration and analysis that drive the definition of the next generation Arm CPUs. By joining the team, you will interact closely with the CPU RTL designers to investigate and evaluate new micro-architectural ideas and design trade-offs that will make the micro-architecture for the next products successful for the target sectors.
You will evaluate these ideas and analyze CPU performance developing and using C++ based performance models of the micro-architecture. You will also coach and mentor more junior engineers to help them grow and become deep experts on the field.
The key objectives of this role include:
- You will help driving the technical direction of the team, which develops, tests and maintains software models of Arm’s advance CPUs.
- You will engage with hardware design engineers to prune the design space of next generation products, understanding performance opportunities on current processors and investigate potential micro-architectural improvements.
- There will the potential to support and mentor other specialists; sharing your technical expertise and experience.
- With your help, we will keep improving the effectiveness of Arm modelling methodologies.
- We are closely interacting not only with hardware designers but also with other CPU performance modelling teams across the world. You would be involved on the communication and alignment of activities related to integration, methodologies, strategies, etc.
Education & Qualifications
You will have a good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other graduates would be considered if they have meaningful experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills and capacity to work efficiently with local and remote teams.
- An understanding of CPU or GPU micro-architecture.
- Experience of performance modelling.
- Experience of exploring and evaluating ideas and performance related to processor micro-architecture.
- Proven experience in C++.
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience:
- Strong software development experience, including design specification, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Experience with RTL and SystemC simulators.
- Familiarity with Arm architectures and instruction sets.
- Team leadership, including planning and managing tasks, as well as delivery to specification and schedule.
- Knowledge of System Architecture and System Software including OS kernel internals.
- Experience of Unix development environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.