Now Hiring: HR Administration Officer & Bookkeeper Wanted
Hello there, we are now hiring.
Our Amersham based charitable client are looking for an HR Administration Officer who is happy to undertake some bookkeeping. 2 to 3 days per week, with a great deal of flexibility and the chance to be part of a truly special charity.
Our client is a Charity who provides specialist nurses and support for seriously ill children. Their vision is that every seriously ill child deserves a Specialist Nurse and fundraising core to achieving this.
They are at an exciting phase of the charity’s history and growing fast thanks to a hardworking, dynamic team!
They are looking for an HR Administration Officer who feels capable of also taking on some bookkeeping duties (mostly data entry), to support their Head of Finance.
The HR Administrator is being bought on board to support the Human Resources function. The charity has currently 10 full-time staff members and 1 part-time and currently advertising some new and vacant roles. The charity receives professional support from external advisors for all matters regarding employment law and health and safety regulations. Your main responsibility will be to ensure HR processes are followed accurately and to an agreed timetable.
Your administrative duties will include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records, appraisals, training etc) and updating internal databases and software applications.
Supported by the Head of Finance and HR,
- Organize and maintain personnel records.
- Maintain and monitor HR software applications and service providers
- Manage our small team of volunteers.
- Prepare HR documents re:
- Staff questionnaires/surveys,
- Annual pay awards,
- Leavers/exit interviews.
- Maintain policies folder and manage the timetable of updates.
- Support compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Administer staff appraisal process and ensure any action points arising are addressed.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics: training, DBS/Safeguarding compliance
- Answer employees’ queries about HR-related issues.
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days).
- Input of supplier invoices into accounts package.
- Analyse and input income into accounts package.
- In time and if desired to assist with month-end:
- Bank reconciliations
- Other balance sheet account reconciliations
Our clients’ ideal candidate has experience with HR procedures, familiar with online HR systems and can juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Employment experience/training as an HR Administrator or relevant role essential
- Experience with HR software although not essential it would be desirable.
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, in particular).
- Basic knowledge of employment law e.g. maternity, paternity.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects.
- Needs to: be trustworthy; respect confidentiality and be capable of engaging in difficult conversations with sensitivity.
- Able to provide clear guidance to the senior leadership team.
- Comfortable with using accounting software
This role is being on a flexible, part time basis. 2 to/or 3 days or equivalent per week, with some weekly presence in the Amersham office. Up to £26K FTE with an ASAP start.