Now Hiring: Executive Assistant Needed
Hello, we are hiring.
Job Title: Executive Assistant, Strategy and Engagement
Salary: £27,502 per year.
Job type: 35 hours per week. Full-time, Fixed-Term Maternity cover until April 2024. Home based.
Our company is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and proactive, have proven experience of maintaining a balance among multiple priorities, and be passionate about protecting our vulnerable clients.
If you’re a strong team player, have exceptional communication and administration skills and looking for an exciting role within a charity that is making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for anExecutive Assistant to join our dynamic and welcoming Strategy and Engagement team on a Fixed Term Maternity Cover Contract until April 2024.
Reporting to the Head of Income and Partnerships, the purpose of this role is to provide effective and efficient support to the Head of Income & Partnerships, Director of Strategy and Engagement, Deputy Director Strategic Programmes, Head of Communications, and the wider Strategy and Engagement Team. The post holder will provide a welcoming, professional environment for relevant internal and external stakeholders, organising and coordinating senior administrative activity and support special projects, as required. The Executive Assistant (EA) must be highly organised and enjoy working within an environment that is values-led and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment and use their initiative.
Duties and responsibilities:
Supporting the Director of Strategy and Engagement and the wider Strategy and Engagement team by:
- Supporting the team in the most efficient manner possible, optimising their time daily. This may include, but is not limited to, support with diaries, communications, meetings and organising travel and expenses, depending upon the preferences of the individual post holders
- Offering support to the team on records management, stakeholder management and new organisational projects
- Organising, set-up and take notes/minutes for relevant meetings, as well as preparing and distributing papers for meetings in advance, as required
- Providing technical help in preparing professional-looking documents and proof-reading of reports and letters
- Ensuring income generation, research and strategy activity is filed and archived in a systematic and efficient way
- Arranging travel as required and complete appropriate claim forms for travel and expenditure, as directed
- Liaising with colleagues in similar positions in our stakeholder and partner organisations to keep himself/herself up to date with developments and to build working relationships with peers
- Assisting with the collation and production of grant and fundraising reports and end of project evaluations
Experience and skills:
- Exceptional organisation, attention to detail and planning skills
- Ability to forge good working relationships and establish networks
- Ability to forward plan, anticipate next steps and find solutions to problems
- Broad range of IT skills such as MS Office Suite
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative and work with minimal instruction
- Flexibility and work life balance
- Enhanced family friendly provisions
- Additional holiday entitlements
- Perkbox benefits
- Non-contributory pension scheme
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Candidates with the relevant experience or job title of; PA, Personal Assistant, EA to Associate, PA to Associate, EA to Partner, PA to Partner, Office Assistant, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Business Assistant, Secretary will also be considered for this role.