Hello there, we are hiring.
Salary: £31,931 per annum + £5128.88 London Allowance
Hours: Full time – flexible working arrangements will be considered
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 12 months
Location: Wellcome Trust, London
To provide executive support to the UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR) Executive Director, enabling them to deliver their strategic responsibilities. Providing support to the wider Secretariat team and the governing strategic coherence for ODA-funded research (SCOR) Board.
You will contribute to the day to day running of UKCDR, supporting the smooth functioning of the organisation and will provide the secretariat function for the governing boards. You will have the opportunity to work across the organisation supporting the administration and, where appropriate, providing logistical support to project activities.
·Organising and managing the Executive Director’s diary; identifying and organising travel and other requirements to facilitate the work of the Executive Director
- Chasing up actions required by the Executive Director and others on their behalf
- Providing the secretariat for the SCOR Board and Officials meetings, including: organising meetings, inviting attendees and managing attendance; taking minutes; producing/collating documents, briefing papers and other relevant materials in advance
- Developing knowledge of key contacts (internal and external) relevant to the Secretariat and the relevant contacts in executive offices; ensuring contact details are up to date
- Collating content for presentations (obtaining content from the appropriate person); drafting letters etc. as required
- Screening phone calls, enquiries, and requests, and handling them when appropriate; meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority; act as ambassador for Executive Director/Group
- Budget management: supporting the Head of Operations in tracking expenditure and forecasting non-staff costs, inputting expenses and managing Oracle notifications
- Proactive and forward looking; able to identify issues/information required for Executive Director in advance
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills; credible; able to build trusted relationships with key internal/external contacts
- Strong negotiating & influencing skills
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office suite, Oracle and Concur)
- Strong attention to detail and well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage a varied workload, and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to draft clear and concise correspondence
- Effective team player, able to provide support to colleagues and able and willing to take decisions using their own initiative
- Assertive and resilient;
- Discreet and respects confidentiality; able to recognise and deal appropriately with potentially sensitive issues
- Able to identify opportunities for and implement continuous improvement
- Highly developed reasoning ability and analytical skills.
UKCDR is a collaborative of government and research funders with interests in international development. UKCDR exists to connect and build expertise among its membership and to build connections between the research and development communities. By ensuring better coherence and collaboration, it allows funders to act in complementary ways or in partnership, and avoiding risks of fragmentation, duplication and missed opportunities.
In return UKRI can offer the successful candidate:
– Flexible Working
– 30 days annual leave + Public Holidays
– Access to Civil Service Pension Scheme
– Various everyday discounts through our dedicated provider
For more information and to apply, please visit our Careers Pages.