We’re looking for a prolific and talented content writer to deliver great content as part of the FYI client experience.
Your role will involve understanding the FYI platform and articulating features, benefits and processes in a clear, concise and illustrated manner. This requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You must be able to distil complex information into clear, concise text, have a knack and love for writing, and a comprehensive understanding of technical products.
Reporting to our Head of Client Success, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Client Success teams during the product development lifecycle – from concept through to successful release. The process will include understanding the needs and pain points of our users, their practice, and the accounting community, as well as the benefits of the solutions we’ve developed.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, business analysts and the client success team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
- Determine the needs of end users and work closely with the product and content teams to create content that makes FYI easier to use. This includes feature guides, FAQs, onboarding guides, help documentation, troubleshooting guides, training manuals, release notes and more!
- Develop feature walkthrough videos and other engaging content to impart product knowledge to various stakeholders.
- Develop content to communicate new features to both FYI users and prospects, including new features blog articles, emails and Linkedin Posts (which may vary depending on the audience).
- Audit and update the content regularly to ensure relevance with incremental product feature releases, customer use cases, support issues and other internal developments.
- Work closely with outsourced creative teams as required to represent the content in the most cost effective and suitable visual format.
This role will allow you to build your expertise in:
- Best-practice cloud document management, task management and process automation for accounting practices. Full training in the FYI platform and mentoring from senior staff will be provided.
- Modern tools and tech.
- We will provide comprehensive on-the-job training in software development methodologies and how SaaS (Software as a Service) businesses operate.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have a degree in English, Communications or Journalism or equivalent practical experience in writing user documentation, preferably in a software development environment.
- Have a proven track record creating instructional and/or learning content in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Can quickly understand and communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, without relying on jargon.
- Know how to explain complex features with as few words as possible, and how to communicate value in a compelling, clear and effective way.
- Have relevant experience researching and writing documentation for developers (API’s, web technologies).
- Are a considered and resourceful project manager, able to manage multiple competing priorities in an environment of constant change.
- Are passionate about helping developers do amazing things and have a strong sense of ownership of the end result for our clients.
- Are highly motivated with a personal interest in technology, writing and user content.
We’d also love it if you have…..
- A knack for engaging with audiences and creating a unique tone of voice.
- Experience working with content management systems, knowledge base / help desk tools such as Zendesk and graphics production software.
- Experience creating templates and content creation processes that deliver consistency across documentation structure, presentation, illustration and tone of voice.
What success looks like:
In the first 3 months in this role, you might deliver:
- Help articles, trouble-shooting articles and FAQ’s for Zendesk, ideally creating and implementing improved style guides and templates.
- Well-scripted walkthough videos introducing new users to key features and concepts.
- Content to effectively communicate new features to existing users (via email) and to prospects (via our blog and social media posts).
- Competitive salary to match experience.
- Work remotely.
- Highly collaborative team.
- Opportunities for career progression
Our Client Success team is the face of the FYI platform used by forward-thinking accounting practices. With responsibility across four areas – onboarding, training, support, and content – we aim to provide best-in-class onboarding services, technical support, and to create a range of useful content to assist FYI users. Client success is what gets us up in the morning! We empower accounting practices to use the FYI platform effectively to automate their processes, adopt best practices and shave minutes off daily tasks.
FYI is a cloud document management and automation engine for accountants in practice. Designed and built by accountants, t’s a way of re-engineering email and management and document management, and automating processes to save time on repetitive tasks, improve accuracy and boost productivity. Our clients are senior partners, practice managers, accountants and administrators in busy accounting firms. Since launching at the end of 2018, we’ve gained more than 13,000 users from firms of all sizes. We’re onboarding practices every week, and our team is growing and conquering new challenges every day. With headquarters in Adelaide, we are rapidly growing across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.