Hello, we are now hiring.
ZE Power Engineering is a top leading consultant specializing in the electrical utility and telecommunication engineering industries. Supporting clients across western Canada in British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. As ZE Power Engineering continues to see exponential growth as a leader in these fields, the need for sustainable growth within our work force is required.
ZE Power Engineering values equality, diversity, and inclusion. you will be working closely with a team of motivated and diverse professionals from various backgrounds. You will receive mentorship and support from your management team, providing opportunities for training, development, and career advancements. This is a chance to be a part of a progressive and rapidly growing organization.
ZE Power Engineering is structured around a hybrid work from home model, with our head office located conveniently in Richmond, we offer flexibility in terms of employee location, schedule, and work-life balance requirements. Support is provided to any employee to help adequately prepare a suitable remote working solution.
With the ability for a Hybrid or Work from Home model, CAD/GIS technicians oversee the production drawings deliverables for various project and client requirements. Management of these deliverables starts from data consolidation (basemap) through proposed design/analysis to issued production (IFR, IFP, IFC) and construction field review (as-built).
Working closely with engineering designers a CAD/GIS technician is responsible for:
- collect, review, and process topographical and utility GIS data
- Survey data (traditional, drone, and scan)
- GPR/EM utility locate data
- LiDAR Point clouds
- Municipal utility GIS systems (OpenData, ArchGIS)
- Engineering design drawings/models
- Engineering as-built drawings/models
- create CAD models for design and analysis
- data consolidation (basemap)
- surface creation
- assembly creation
- piping network creation
- proposed design alignments
- sections and profile analysis
- production drawing packages deliverables
- engineering design implementation
- profile and sections updates
- engineered details, notes, and stamps
- client review and submission preparation
Education and Qualifications
There are a various amount of formal education, experience, and technical knowledge/ability being recognized for the position. Potential candidates will meet the following requirements:
- graduate from an accredited post secondary program in Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering CAD/BIM Technology, GIS, or Geomatics.
- 3 + years progressive CAD/GIS experience working in a professional engineering office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of coordinate systems within Canada.
- Proficiency using Autodesk (AutoCAD/ Civil 3D/ 3DMaps) and various GIS and Mapping Software. (ArchGIS/ Opendata/ Global Mapper/ Google Earth Pro)
- Proficiency using windows operating system and MS365 products. (excel, access DB)
- Excellent time management skills, setting priorities, to complete deliverables on time.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand what tasks are required to deliver projects and assignments successfully. Continual advance and develop of technical solutions for new workflows.
- Maintain and improve on knowledge of CAD techniques, standards, practices, and engineering procedures.
The following additional attributes are preferred:
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Ability to conduct their work independently and as a team.