Now Hiring: Barista and Bartender Wanted
Hello there, we are hiring.
– ABOUT US –
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
– THE ROLE –
The postholder will provide front of house services and operational support, specialising in beverage services for the Academy Restaurant and for related functions and events.
This is a full-time permanent position.
We intend to create a 12 month waiting list for same or similar roles within the University.
– ABOUT YOU –
The postholder will be required to hold:
– Evidence of good practical working skills in bar/barista area as demonstrated by qualifications, industry recognised training or experience.
– BENEFITS –
– Competitive salary.
– Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance – plus, an additional 15 days’ per year when the university is closed.
– Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%.
– An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
– An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
– Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months’ free gym membership at either the
Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus).
– Cycle to Work Scheme.
– Discounted eye tests with subsequent competitive prescription lenses and frames.
– Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
– Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
-ATHENA SWAN STATEMENT-
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.