Hello, we are hiring.
Would you like the opportunity to work at Lord’s, the Home of Cricket and the most famous cricket ground in the world?
Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our bar & waiting team ahead of another busy cricket season at Lord’s.
Lord’s is a sports and events venue where the best want to perform, both on and off the field. We take pride in our reputation for providing some of the finest food and service within the sports industry.
Are you someone who can be attentive to our guests, go the extra mile and create unforgettable memories?
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, then we would love to hear from you!
Knowledge, intelligence and elegance sit behind everything we do.
Our premium service, emotional attention from our staff that go the extra mile for our guests.
We don’t just maintain standards and traditions, we evolve, and we improve them.
The role involves:
- Completing room setup & breakdown
- Counting kit & stock
- Attending briefings
- Providing a warm and friendly welcome to customers
- Serving food and beverages with the highest standard
- Effectively and efficiently responding to customer queries and needs
- Enhancing the customer experience when the opportunity arises and going above and beyond
- Learning and retaining product knowledge that can be confidently passed onto customers
- Acting as an ambassador for the prestigious Lord’s brand
- Maintaining our high presentation standards
- Adhering to uniform standards
- Following correct procedures regarding room setup and breakdown
- Complying with Health and Safety procedures at all times
We welcome applications from candidates with any of the following skills or attributes: waiting, restaurant, hospitality, catering, operations, customer service, events, food and beverage assistant, bar.
Zero-hours contract offering flexibility.
- Team player who is flexible and reliable
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service with a smile
- Good communication skills and someone who is happy to speak to customers to offer recommendations and information
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and thrive on a challenge
- Willingness to learn about the food and drinks served, including allergens
- Good food and drinks knowledge
- Take pride in contributing to the enjoyment of our guests
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- Hard working and proactive in solving issues and queries that may arise
Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) owns Lord’s Cricket Ground in St. John’s Wood, London. It is an exceptional venue, steeped in history and grandeur, with our own in-house Catering, Hospitality and Events team renowned for delivering events & experiences of the highest quality.