Junior Quality Assurance Specialist
The Junior Quality Assurance Specialist will provide technical support and oversight to ensure food safety, quality and regulatory compliance of House Spices products and purchased materials. This position reports to the Corporate Quality and Compliance Manager
- Drive Quality & Food Safety Initiatives throughout all HOS locations
- Develop programs and tools to monitor and drive continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to supply chain quality in handling food safety issues, sharing best practices, and enabling compliance to requirements.
- Evaluates to identify potential trends within our supply chain and uses this information to proactively improve and strengthen our current processes.
- Drive the implementation of House of Spices Quality & Food Safety standards.
- Review, updates and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in the development and data entry in HOS Total Quality Systems Document Control Data base.
This job operates in various environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Ability to travel up to 50%, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
House of Spices Inc. India provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience, Skills, Education
· BS Food Technology, Food Science, or related courses.
· HACCP Certification is a plus.
· 2 to 5 years of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and or manufacturing experience in the food or beverage industry required or related industry.
· Knowledge of lab technique and prior training in fundamental quality assurance technology need.
· Previous experience in the food industry, which includes HACCP, SQF (or other GFIS) a must.
· Knowledge of the FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving
- Proven Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to travel
About House of Spices:
House of Spices is a family owned business, which began in 1970. We are the pioneers of South Asian food distribution in North America.
We distribute a variety of South Asian foods under our own Laxmi brand, and partner with several international exporters representing all
regions of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
• Servicing over 5 million South Asians
• 11 Nationwide USA & Canada Distribution Centers
• Office in India
• Fleet of 50 trucks to deliver frozen & non-‐frozen items
• Over 3,000 Customers
• 4,000 SKU’s & growing