We are hiring.
£19,400 – £20,000 plus excellent benefits including 10% pension contribution, 28 days holiday, discounts on Co-op products and services (Work level 6C)
Full-time 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday between 9:00am – 5.00pm. Permanent and 6-month FTC available.
Remote with alignment to one of our offices in Manchester, Bristol, Sheffield or Stratford-upon-Avon. You can visit our Hybrid Working Policy for more information https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for customer service advisors to join our Co-op Legal Services team.
Here at Co-op, we’re committed to a better way of doing business. The work you do will make a real difference to building better communities for our members, customers, and colleagues. In this role, you’ll make outbound calls to potential customers to outline our services based on their individual needs. Our customer base will have recently faced a difficult time in their lives, so we’ll look to you to handle each call with empathy, providing excellent customer service to our customers at time when they need it most. We’ll provide full training for this role, so it’s an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in an inclusive team.
What you’ll do:
• make outbound calls to potential customers (between 10 calls per hour)
• accurately document customer queries and details, updating records on our system
• explain our services to clients in a clear and understandable way
• offer different solutions to customers based on their individual needs
• complete a variety of ad-hoc tasks to support the team
• send follow up information to clients following phone calls when required
This role would suit people who have:
• experience within a customer service focused role
• experience of working towards performance & productivity targets
• great communication skills, both written and over the phone
• good general IT skills, you’re comfortable using programmes in the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook
• emotional resilience and the ability to be professional even in difficult situations; you understand the difference between sympathy and empathy
• the flexibility to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• holiday allowance of 28 days rising to 32 in line with service, plus bank holidays
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• free support for your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your wage as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.