Hello, we are hiring.
We’re PFG a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. Our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
PFG is a unified group made up of two brands: Vanquis (cards and loans) and Moneybarn (vehicle finance). While they offer different products and services, they share the common purpose and customer-centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do from our products to our customer experience is designed with this in mind.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting into the Head of Enterprise Risk, we are recruiting for a Senior Enterprise Risk Manager.
As a senior manager within the enterprise risk management team, you will lead the delivery of a fit-for-purpose enterprise risk management framework (ERMF) that enables the group to manage the risks to its customers and achieve its strategic and operational objectives.
In your day-to-day role, as Senior Enterprise Risk Manager you will:
- Execute the end to end Operational and Enterprise Risk Management lifecycle (Identify, measure, manage, monitor and report)
- Lead, support and guide all Enterprise risk activities including governance within the Group through the continuous improvement of the firm’s risk management framework.
- Define and maintain the Group Risk Management Framework, Risk Policy and supporting components.
- Maintain the Group Risk Policy taxonomy, change controls and provide assurance on a risk assessed basis.
- Oversee the development, embedding and continuous improvement of a Groupwide Control Self- Assessment Methodology.
- Facilitate and oversee Risk owners event and appetite management
What you will bring to the team:
- Significant previous working experience as a senior risk professional
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to produce accurate and comprehensive risk reporting
- Experience of developing and leading the implementation of risk management practices and risk culture improvement in related or similar environments
- Ability to drive and constructively challenge stakeholders on their assumptions, to identify workable solutions
- Ability to quickly understand business issues / risk events.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong people management skills
Why join Provident Financial Group?
Not only will you have the satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people, but we will also invest in your development by giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find that your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid working considered
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (increasing with length of service)
- Pension Scheme with company contributions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
- Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
- And much more
Inclusion & Diversity Statement
We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We think that if you can Be Yourself in the workplace, you will do your best work and enjoy being part of the team and as a business we get to benefit from that and to celebrate all the wonderful things that diversity brings.