Hiring Principal Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Hello, we are glad to inform you that we are hiring.
Salary: £47K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern : Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as 3 days on-site and 2 days remote working each week.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and self-driven Principal Safety, Health & Environmental Advisor to join the MBDA team at our Stevenage and Henlow sites (based at Stevenage). If you are passionate about safety, health and reducing our impact on the environment, this challenging but rewarding position may be for you.
The successful candidate will be supporting management and employees on-site to ensure the Company SHE policies and procedures are effectively implemented while helping to develop a SHE culture of continual improvement. You will work closely with a number of departments in the business, including engineering, manufacturing, facility maintenance and security. You will have the opportunity to gain practical and professional experience in a challenging sector.
What we’re looking for from you:
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (level 6 preferred).
• Certificate in Environmental management (preferred).
• Significant experience and expertise in Safety, Health, Environment.
• Broad understanding of manufacturing and laboratory technologies.
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation, its application and interpretation relevant to MBDA operations.
• Expertise in Fire Safety, DSEAR, COMAH, or CDM would be beneficial.
• Ability to influence and engage employees at all levels in the organisation.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to translate complex information into easily understandable formats.
What to expect:
You will be part of a supportive and high performing team that exposes team members to all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment activities in the pursuit of professional development and team cohesion. The role may involve infrequent travel to other MBDA UK locations.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.