Hiring: Personal Assistant / Office Manager Needed
We are MEG Derby. We produce high-quality mineral water and a wide range of soft drinks. Thanks to our state-of-the-art production technology, we can respond flexibly to our customers demands. We offer you a dynamic and safe working environment with plenty of development opportunities.
MEG Derby is a new beverage plant in Foston, Derbyshire. Approximately 100 employees will produce mineral water and soft drinks for the UK and Irish markets from autumn 2022.
WHAT YOU DO
- To provide a comprehensive, proactive and confidential support service to the Managing Director and senior management team, with a particular focus on effective management of meetings, internal and external communications for the site.
- This position will be part of a dynamic fast paced management team and the post holder will be required to interface and work closely with the company’s headquarters based in Weißenfels, German in addition to internal and external stakeholders.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for managing the administrative elements of a brand new state-of-the-art non-alcoholic beverage manufacturing facility including the provision of a ‘front of house’ service, hosting high profile events and visitors, as well as general office management.
- Supporting strategic site projects throughout the plant will get exposure in the areas of operations, logistics, quality and engineering enabling you to develop your knowledge and skills in a growing lean manufacturing business.
- You will be required to create project plans, support multiple projects and see projects through to a timely completion. Experience of event organisation and management, including booking, liaising and negotiating with suppliers. Experience in the servicing of meetings including the ability to problem solve and provide solutions when required are a prerequisite.
WHO YOU ARE
- A recognised business administration qualification or equivalent
- High levels of attention to detail, particularly in diary and contact management, and with the written word.
- Excellent written communication skills, including proof-reading and copy-editing.
- The ability to prioritise workload in a busy environment and to work with a high level of autonomy, as well as working collaboratively as part of a team.
- A positive, pro-active approach, including strong interest in improving systems and processes to improve personal and team efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, enabling effective communication with colleagues and external contacts with proven ability to convey information in a clear and accurate manner and a desire to resolve issues.
- High levels of professional presentation, conduct and credibility, in order to represent the Managing Director and SMT to ensure effective communications.
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, diplomacy when dealing with confidential matters.
- A good understanding of data protection and safe record keeping.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to undertake research and analysis.
- It would be advantageous if applicants can speak, read and write in German to a proficient standard although this is not essential
- Experience of utilising the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) to an advanced level.
- 33 days annual leave including UK bank holidays
- Interesting tasks in a continually growing company
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational date: as soon as possible