Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this is an office based role, requiring a ‘hands-on’ individual to work closely with employees at all levels from despatch departments through to Senior managers. There are three main areas to the role. The first is in managing the supply chain from factory through to customer, overseeing the transportation of finished product from factory through to our warehouses and then on to customer. The second aspect to the role is managing the group inter-site transport with our transport providers. The last is managing both the companies and our customers ETA’s. IT plays a key part within the logistics field in forecasting increasingly complex systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
Typical activities will vary according to the market in which the role is working but may include:
* Acting as an information channel between manufacturing and RTP Suppliers
* Advising manufacturing / planning in as timely fashion as possible to any changes in the plan.
* Providing information on any variance from the Plan.
* Monitoring and reporting KPI’s relevant to your area.
* Liaising with hauliers as to transport requirements
* Experience of planning/scheduling, stock control or a related discipline would be an advantage but is not essential, as full training will be given.
* SAP knowledge preferred
* 1 year in similar/ admin customer facing role
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent communicator and team worker with a professional attitude
* Good level of competency on Microsoft Excel, Access and Word applications
* Most important is ambition and true self-motivation. It is a demanding role, requiring high energy and flexibility levels
* Logical thinker and good decision-making processes
* Determination and resilience to setbacks and difficult circumstances