Hiring Now: Sommelier
Hello, We are looking for a talented and engaging Sommelier to join the team of our stunning private members’ club- Annabel’s, 46 Berkeley Square, part of The Birley Clubs.
Annabel’s at 46 Berkeley Square covers 26,000 square feet and is home to five restaurants, bars, private dining rooms and a cigar salon. A team of world-class Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists have designed an outstanding array of menus, cocktail and wine lists. Expertly sourced, seasonal ingredients, wines and spirits are brought together using traditional and subversive techniques to create truly unique dining and drinking experiences.
As Sommelier you will assist the Head Sommelier and Assistant Head Sommelier with all aspects of the wine service in the restaurants, bars, nightclub and private dining rooms. You will recommend and sell wines to our Members and their guests that will complement their tastes and menu choices. Engaging with Members is essential therefore a passion for delivering the highest levels of service is essential.
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive starting remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Staff discounts
- Bespoke uniform
- Meals on duty
- Discounted corporate rate at ClassPass
- Life assurance cover
- Employee events
- Access to pension scheme
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial wellbeing benefit that provides you access to your pay as you earn it
We are ideally looking for candidates who:
- Have previous Sommelier experience in a high quality, destination restaurant or private members’ club
- Possess WSET Level 2 qualification or equivalent desirable
- Have good knowledge of Old and New World wines
- Are able to work under pressure with a great attention to detail
- Are passionate and have excellent wine service skills
- Have a professional attitude and great interpersonal skills
- Are excellent team players with strong communication skills
If you are looking to be part of an experienced team, enjoy interacting with members and want to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment, we would love to hear from you!