Hello there, we are hiring.
Sexual Health & Vaccination Nurse
Our client has an exciting new opportunity in which they are looking to recruit Sexual Health & Vaccination Nurses. They are looking for candidates who have the necessary skills and experience to provide sexual health and vaccination services to clients in their clinics. Most importantly they are looking for someone with a passion for sexual health and vaccinations, a can-do attitude, an ability to work independently, and as part a multi-disciplinary team. There may be an occasional need to travel to local outreach clinics to work clinically or attend training (any additional milage / travel expenses incurred are reimbursed). The successful candidate will need to have some working flexibility as although most of the work is done within office hours, they have occasional evening clinics and weekend outreach.
Week 1 – Tuesday 09.00 – 17.00, Wednesday, 09.00 – 17.00, and Thursday 09.00 – 17.00.
Week 2 – Monday 08.00 – 16.00, Wednesday 09.00 – 17.00, and Saturday 08.00 – 16.00.
This role will involve working between our client’s clinics in St Portland’s Street and St Pauls. A rota / schedule will be provided.
– Provide information to patients diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection: how they are acquired, transmitted, and treated. Also, to stress the importance of medical treatment follow-up.
– Provide education and counselling on preventing and minimising the risk of infection.
– Discuss HIV with clients who may have been at risk or worried and provide pre / post HIV test counselling.
– Take a lead in sexual health promotion work within the clinic and community.
– Keep statistics on all patient contact and interviews to enable audit and evaluation of services.
– Liaise with other local or national agencies as and when appropriate. Liaise with other health advisors in GUM and exchange relevant information in order to facilitate partner notification.
– To participate in regular supervision of health staff and complete competency reviews.
– To be aware of the confidential nature of the clinic and work within the legal responsibilities as laid down in the Venereal Diseases Regulations 1974 and the NHS Trust Act 1991.
– Work within the SSHA guidance e.g., Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, Guidelines for Good Practice PN Policy.
– Nursing degree.
– Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council recognised PIN.
– You will have at least one years’ experience of working in sexual health services (Contraception and / or GUM).
– To have working knowledge of clinical and psychological aspects of STI, HIV, or related sexual health issues.
– Pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or national equivalent.
– Up to date safeguarding training certificates.
– You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
– Minimum 1-2 years’ vaccination experience.
– Understanding of CQC / HIS / HIW / RQIA environment – This will be the regulatory body relevant to your location.
– Understanding of vaccinations processes and reason to deliver.
– Awareness of allergies to ensure immunisation can be aborted if required.
– Up to date CPR / Anaphylaxis training.
About Our Client:
For almost 40 years our client has been at the forefront of clinical diagnostics, dedicated to improving health worldwide with their disruptive technology and innovative diagnostic solutions. This experience and expertise powers each of their state-of-the-art health clinics, currently located in London, Liverpool, and Northern Ireland, with ambitious plans to roll out a number of new clinics in the coming months and years. A mobile service enabling certified health staff to visit clients at their convenience is also available.
Our client encourages individuals to adopt a personalised, preventative approach to their health and well-being, ultimately helping them to live healthier for longer. Using revolutionary technology they measure hundreds of health biomarkers, generating unrivalled data that when combined with their complex algorithms can predict future health concerns and identify early signs of illness even before symptoms arise. This empowers individuals to act sooner to prevent or delay disease onset – moving from a model of sickness management to true preventative healthcare. Our client’s unique biomarker tracking service allows you to establish a health baseline from which you can track and monitor improvements over time.
In early 2020, our client was one of the first to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, developing a pioneering diagnostic test for COVID-19 in just a few weeks. Their rapid COVID-19 testing service is trusted and used by a variety of private companies, individuals, and by the sports industry, and in the UK Government’s National COVID-19 Testing Programme.
To apply as a Sexual Health & Vaccination Nurse, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.