Hello there, we are hiring.
Connect to your Industry
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte’s Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
The Extended Enterprise (EE) team assists in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks associated with external business relationships. Our services focus on improving confidence in an organisation’s contractual relationships and include assisting with the validation of information exchanged between organisations and their customers, vendors and third-party service providers. Our services also help organisations improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their contract compliance monitoring processes and controls, resulting in improved business performance.
We offer our people a wide variety of career paths that include working with the largest corporate house-hold names to smaller clients in niche or emerging industries.
Connect to your career at Deloitte
Deloitte drives progress. Using our vast range of expertise, that covers audit, risk advisory, and consulting services across tax, legal, business, technology and corporate finance, we help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. To do this, we invest in outstanding people. We build teams of future thinkers, with diverse talents and backgrounds, and empower them all to reach for and achieve more.
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Connect to your opportunity
The Deloitte EE IT Asset Management team is made up of business advisory professionals, as well as experienced IT practitioners, leveraging significant industry experience to assist clients around the world in managing the multi-layered complexity of IT Asset Management (ITAM) programs. We offer a variety of services, from focussed diagnostics and vendor baselines to full ITAM implementations.
As a neutral third party, we aim to provide a truly objective perspective on monitoring and governing IT assets. We offer a distinct approach that encompasses not just tools, but also people and processes — helping clients put the right skill sets, accountability and governance in place to effectively manage IT assets throughout the entire lifecycle.
The right candidate would be expected to work in a team environment with Deloitte colleagues and client stakeholders. For more senior positions, candidates would also be expected to focus on business development and long-term client relationships, delivery of projects and managing and developing junior members of the team with the aim of growing Deloitte’s IT Asset Management and Extended Enterprise practice.
Connect to your skills and professional experience
We are interested in candidates with a range of backgrounds, personalities and experience, and therefore have two routes into our team for candidates with the following alternative experience types:
Route 1: Experienced team worker/leader;
Route 2: Experienced IT practitioner
The experience types are indicative of the broad and diverse range of skills that we’re looking for in our team. Candidates with skills that meet a subset of requirements across both experience types are still encouraged to apply.
Route 1: Experienced team worker/leader
For candidates thinking about applying fully or partly through Route 1, we are looking for the following behaviours and experience:
• The ability to engage with colleagues and clients of varying industries, backgrounds and authority to effectively serve our clients’ needs.
• A capability for analytical thinking and the ability to learn and apply ITAM best practices and putting theory into practice.
• Demonstrate a personal accountability for performance and delivery against project deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential.
• The ability to work on multiple tasks and to tight timescales, both independently and as part of a wider delivery team.
• Full conversancy with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience using Visio, Access and Project would be an added advantage.
• The ability and desire to learn how to interpret and manipulate complex datasets and present outputs in a digestible manner.
• Basic understanding of business processes (such as but not limited to requests, joiners/movers/leavers, asset retirement, purchasing, monitoring & reporting, change, incident resolution) and financial processes (such as but not limited to reporting, saving & avoidances); contracts, contract reviews and negotiations.
• Basic understanding of, and an appetite to learn more about information technology concepts including but not limited to hardware, IT, licensing, networks and cloud technology, as well as any further experience or knowledge of the items under Route 2.
Route 2: Experienced IT practitioner
For candidates thinking about applying fully or partly through Route 2, we are looking for the following experience:
• Experience in computer programming languages like PowerShell, SQL queries, Macros, VBscript, Batch, HTML and/or similar
• ITIL / COBIT / CTIAM / ISO 19770/ PMP / PRINCE2 certification will be an added advantage
• IT licence management, compliance reporting experience and identifying cost optimisation opportunities for major IT vendors like Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Veritas, Tableau, VMWare, RedHat, Open-Source GNU, Telerik/Progress and Siemens, and:
- Experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools like UiPath, BluePrism, and Automation Anywhere would be desirable;
- Experience in visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau, QlikView will be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with terminologies like active directory, proxy, DNS, RDP, disaster recovery, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, ports, single sign-on, MFA, firewall, windows registry, hyper-threading, V-motion, App-sense, containerisation.
• Knowledge of computer hardware, networks and information security.
• End-to-end asset lifecycle management experience, both in hardware and in IT based applications.
• Application rationalisation.
• IT compliance for various IT vendors.
• IT procurement, contract review and negotiation.
• Vendor-specific licensing knowledge, especially Tableau, VMWare, RedHat, Open-Source GNU, Telerik and Siemens.
• Processes like Joiners, Movers and Leavers (JML), IT requests, IT removal, IT decommissioning and re-harvesting, Continual Service Improvement (CSI), IT demand forecasting, IT risk reporting, etc.
• Identifying cost savings and avoidance opportunities for various IT vendors, including XaaS
• Experience and knowledge in IT Asset Management, including, but not limited to:
1) Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access and Project;
2) Hands-on experience of implementing, configuring and administration of ITAM tools like Flexera, Snow, Aspera, ServiceNow ITAM Pro or other industry leading ITAM tools.
Many of our clients operate in the Public Sector and require our staff to hold National Security Clearance (SC/DV). Candidates that already hold a level of Security Clearance will have an added advantage.
Connect to your service line – Risk Advisory
As recent events have reminded us, there are no certainties in business. Risk is everywhere. But so is opportunity. Your expertise will help our clients stay one step ahead of what hasn’t even been imagined yet.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Connect with your colleagues
“The number of opportunities open to me here is amazing. Being able to create the career path I want, with the support to do that is really motivating.”
-Lisa, Risk Advisory
“At Deloitte you’re surrounded by subject matter experts; industry experts, technology experts, and you can access that knowledge whenever you need to.”
-Christian, Risk Advisory
Connect to your agile working options
Location: The home office of this role is London
Your Work, Your Way: We call our hybrid working vision Deloitte Works. And it does. We trust you to make the right choices around where, when and how you work. You’ll be able to make decisions about how you work best, to be collaborative, learn from colleagues, share your experiences, build the relationships that will fuel your career and prioritise your wellbeing. Having great conversations with your team and your leadership paves the way for great collaborative ways of working.
Connect to your return to work opportunity
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of two years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our commitment to you
Making an impact is more than just what we do: it’s why we’re here. So we work hard to create an environment where you can experience a purpose you believe in, the freedom to be you, and the capacity to go further than ever before.
We want you. The true you. Your own strengths, perspective and personality. So we’re nurturing a culture where everyone belongs, feels supported and heard, and is empowered to make a valuable, personal contribution. You can be sure we’ll take your wellbeing seriously, too. Because it’s only when you’re comfortable and at your best that you can make the kind of impact you, and we, live for.
Your expertise is our capability, so we’ll make sure it never stops growing. Whether it’s from the complex work you do, or the people you collaborate with, you’ll learn every day. Through world-class development, you’ll gain invaluable technical and personal skills. Whatever your level, you’ll learn how to lead.
Connect to your next step
A career at Deloitte is an opportunity to develop in any direction you choose. Join us and you’ll experience a purpose you can believe in and an impact you can see. You’ll be free to bring your true self to work every day. And you’ll never stop growing, whatever your level.