Milk & More delivers daily essentials to more than 500,000 homes in Britain, via a network of 57 local fulfilment centres. The milkman is arguably the original home delivery service and Milk & More is ensuring that this great British tradition continues to flourish.
Join Us, Become A… Regional Fleet Manager
There are plenty of home delivery services out there; but Milk & More is different. Based on the long-standing British icon – the milk delivery person, we pride ourselves on being at the heart of communities across the country. Milk & More continue to forge a strong path in eco-friendly deliveries & now have the UK’s largest fleet of electric vehicles.
Your Role Purpose
Provide Fleet Management support to all centres within the South-West region to ensure that Milk & More vehicles are maintained to the highest standards possible. Working with onsite engineers and external suppliers to manage costs and to ensure that we receive high standards of service to help minimise VOR’s. Support the Head of Fleet and EV Specialist to formulate and deliver the EV strategy as necessary.
Your Key Deliverables
- Health & Safety – Perform all duties in a safe manner. Work in partnership with the Milk & More H&S Team and centres to ensure that all staff are working in the safest way possible.
- Fleet Management – Assist the centres in all aspects of managing their fleet including, VOR, Fleet movements, Cost controls, Repair standards and Supplier Management.
- Fleet Compliance– Through auditing and working with onsite engineers and external suppliers ensure that all aspects of fleet compliance and Milk & More processes are maintained to the highest standards. This includes both vehicle and driver compliance.
- Operational Processes – Support the implementation and improvement of all operational processes and procedures. This includes demonstrating new equipment and processes to Centre Management
- Projects – Provide support to the business with projects such as new vehicle designs and builds, refurbishment programmes and efficiency projects as required.
- Site Visits – Through regular visibility at centres provide engagement, coaching and support to OM’s & drivers while challenging damage and vehicle cleanliness to ensure highest standards at all times. Participate in centre meetings to highlight issues and update on Fleet activity and initiatives.
- Onsite Fitters / Engineers – Management of the onsite engineers (where these exist) ensuring that we operate to the highest standards possible at all times ensuring that our maintenance schedules are adhered to. Manage holiday’s, PDP’s and RTW for all staff in this area. Assist Head of Fleet with any recruitment.
- Cost Controls – Through working with suppliers and onsite engineers ensure that costs are monitored and challenged where appropriate. Included within costs controls with be the authorisation of repairs (to a set limit) with suppliers and approving invoices.
Your Experience & Background
- People management – desired
- Vehicle maintenance – essential
- Experience of a workshop environment ideally qualified or time served
- Understanding of vehicle build and operations
- Experience of Managing a Team
- IOSH Health & Safety Qualification – desired
- Computer and IT literate
Your Aptitude / Mindset
- Excellent in internal collaborative working (H&S, Centre Management etc)
- Strong safety mind-set
- Able to deliver excellent personal performance
- Open mindset regarding evolving methods and goals.
- Good team player
- Able to influence others and inspire respect
- Works in a structured way with attention to detail
- Able to adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo to drive improvements
- Able to travel nationally and work away as required
- Translate strategic goals to operational work methods
- Track record of improving the performance of others
- Use of CPD to ensure the best use of yourself and the team.
Salary & Company Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company Car
- Monthly Paid
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 20% Staff Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Career Progression is available
- Access to an exclusive rewards platform with money, health & lifestyle benefits including healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, critical illness & home technology and a discounts scheme offering over 800 discounts online & in-store.