Hiring Now: Pump Quote Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
Hello, we are hiring
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity as a Pump Quote Engineer?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to work in a technical role with applications of pumps, motors, and rotating equipment. You will be preparing quotes and communicating with blue chip companies in oil, gas, and power stations, Utilities, and other industrial applications.
The role will involve a wide variety of work, including hands-on, office-based, and customer/supplier-related.
Pump Supply and Repair has been established for over 52 years and are located in a well-equipped modern facility in Trafford Park, Manchester (1 mile from the Junction 9 – M60 and 5 miles to Manchester city centre).
Pump Quote Engineer Job Summary
- Inspection and checking of stripped pumps and ancillary equipment
- Detailing specification of work required to repair units
- Preparing documentation and supporting evidence for costing purposes
- Liaising with production and purchasing departments to enable quotation to be completed and giving response to customer queries
- Assisting sales department with customer enquiries
- Communicating with suppliers and customers with relevant technical information
- Responsible for major contracts, some tendering, and controlling database information
- Liaising with production and site teams as required
This Pump Quote Engineer role would suit candidates with skills or experience as an Industrial Pump Quote Engineer, Pump Engineer, Pump Fitter, or Mechanical Engineer with chemical, industrial, or process pump experience.
- Salary negotiable – dependant on experience and capabilities
- 21 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- On-site parking / bus and tram links from Central Manchester and surrounding areas
- Friendly team
- 4pm Friday finish
- Christmas holiday shutdown period
- BTEC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 – mechanical engineering
- Main requirement – must have a solid engineering background based upon sound training as a tradesman with at least five years’ pump experience in chemical, industrial, or process pumps
- Ideally with experience of repair, test, and installation of pumps and rotating equipment from a wide range of designs and materials
- Sales orientated, customer-focused and ready for new challenges
- Good interpersonal and IT skills required
- Ability to prioritise and cope with tight deadlines
Pump Supply & Repair Group was established in 1969, our client base extends to all sectors of industrial processes and manufacturing and includes many ‘Blue Chip’ global organisations. Core market sectors include Oil & Gas, Nuclear & Traditional Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Paper & Board, Textiles, Plastic, Utilities (Power, Water and Gas), Automotive, Food Processing and Health Authorities.