Hello, we are hiring.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified and passionate Mobility Tax Manager to manage our global mobility tax across the globe and have a direct impact on tax compliance of our mobility programme.
About our Reward Team
The Reward center of excellence is responsible for total rewards spanning remuneration, benefits, incentives, recognition, health and wellbeing, and mobility. The team aims to design solutions that balance global consistency with business and geographic relevance. They do this through a combination of deep functional expertise, solid understanding of the business imperatives and knowledge of modern reward practices. They endeavour to build a total reward offering that is inclusive, meaningful, commercially responsible and valued by employees.
A role you will love
The Mobility Tax Manager is responsible for providing commercially sound, risk based subject matter expertise to the business relating to the tax and social security implications of international moves across all global mobility policy types, including long and short-term assignments, permanent transfers, business visitors and overseas remote working.
The effectiveness of the Mobility Tax Manager and Reward team will reflect the quality of service we provide and on the engagement and satisfaction of some of our most senior employees who undertake international assignments.
They will build relationships with multiple internal stakeholders including the wider Reward team, people services, payroll, finance, and tax to deliver mobility tax processes and compliance across the company.
The role will also lead the global relationships with the company’s external tax vendor, across the entire assignment lifecycle from cost projection to repatriation, including setting clear expectations for delivery and monitoring service provision, and ultimately delivering an excellent employee experience.
In addition, this role will also provide the below:
- Design, implement and coordinate effective and compliant mobility tax related processes and appropriate governance
- Ensure that the mobility programme and international assignment are structured in a tax effective and tax compliant way
- Communicate complex tax matters effectively to a non-tax audience, and especially to senior executive assignees
- Contribute to the continued design and implementation of the global mobility framework including policy and process design and implementation
- Oversee the annual data collection process for tax returns, coordinating with the external provider and multiple internal stakeholders
- Document all mobility tax processes and drawing on sound subject matter expertise, implement effective process improvements and global mobility tax governance across the full range of mobility tax compliance matters
What will you bring to the role?
Your experience in an expatriate tax environment, ideally with a ‘big four’ accountancy firm or equally an in-house mobility programme.
Strong analytical and technical skills in mobility tax and compliance will be essential to succeed in this role, including application of tax treaties, social security, and shadow payroll requirements.
You’ll also have experience in the below:
- Experience delivering commercially sound mobility tax advice either in practice or in house
- The role requires high attention to detail and a high level of evaluative judgment to effectively design and deliver mobility tax processes
- Ability to apply sound judgement and risk assessment to complex tax related problems to deliver pragmatic, commercially viable solutions within the company’s risk appetite
- Experience of working with senior level stakeholders in Finance, Payroll, and HR, with the ability to influence collaboratively across these teams
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) or equivalent qualification
- Highly organized with a methodical approach and a meticulous eye for detail
- Working to multiple strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excel Skills at an Intermediate level
- US Enrolled Agent qualification would be an advantage, but not essential
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards you will love
Location. This role can be done remotely from home, based in one of our UK offices or a hybrid arrangement.
Employee Share Plan.Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing.Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work.Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts.We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.