Hello, we are hirng.
Insanely Good Recipes is hiring a fun and energetic managing editor to join our team!
You will manage day-to-day content operations, identify SEO opportunities, and continuously improve the editorial process.
In less than four years, we’ve grown our traffic from 0 to 10 million visitors per month. As the managing editor, you will play a big role in that continued growth.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience managing a large content based website. You have a passion for mentoring and developing a team of remote writers and editors. And you love identifying new ways to improve processes and increase traffic.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
Your Day-to-Day Activities
- Manage content workflow for day-to-day website operations.
- Manage and mentor a team of 10 incredible writers and editors who are eager to learn and grow.
- Develop written documentation and content templates that enable the writers and editors to create rich, informative, SEO-optimized content.
- Review published content for quality and identify blog posts that need updating.
- Use Google Search Console, Ahrefs.com, and other SEO tools to identify blog posts that need to be updated / optimized.
- Assess current workflows and make improvements as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading editorial for a large content based website, preferably in Food / lifestyle digital media.
- Experience managing content operations at scale
- A DEEP understanding of on-page SEO best practices and how to identify traffic opportunities.
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- You’re a wizard at writing keyword-rich, clicky headlines
- Proven record of achieving and surpassing traffic goals
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Fun-loving and optimistic : )
If you love the world of content publishing, and geek out on operations, systems, and workflows, I’d love to hear from you!
- Cash compensation range: $80,000 – $120,000
- 100% Remote (No fancy attire needed here. We’re focused solely on results. Feel free to work in your favorite comfy clothes : )
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
Who We Are
InsanelyGoodRecipes.com is one of the fastest growing food and recipe websites online. Going from 0 to 10 million visitors per month in less than 4 years. The website now sees over 100 million visitors per year.
But none of this would be possible without the incredibly talented team of writers, editors, photographers, graphic designers, and content specialists who built this website from the ground up.
I still can’t believe what an amazing group of people I get to work with each day.
We’re on a mission to become the #1 recipe website online. As the Managing Editor, you would play a big role in helping to make that happen.
We’re looking for someone who is BOLD, entrepreneurial-minded, and up for a fun challenge : )
Someone who gets a sweet satisfaction from seeing the traffic numbers go up AND has the operational and SEO knowledge to make it happen.
If that sounds like you, I can’t wait to hear from you!