We have a number of opportunities to work as in-house counsel within Deloitte’s Consulting business to lead complex contractual and commercial deals which will require experience of leading significant negotiations withing the technology space e.g. software implementation agreements and outsourcing/managed services agreements.
This specific role will focus on government and public sector contracts.
We are expanding our team of 20 commercial and technology lawyers to support our growing Consulting business, with opportunities at mid and senior level.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
You will deliver high-quality, business-focused solutions in a challenging, dynamic and demanding marketplace – you will be a strategic legal and deal advisor and partner directly with our Business, and are expected to assess and understand how business risks can be managed and mitigated, while advising on deal structure and strategy.
Our lawyers need to be strategic, innovative commercial advisors who enable our firm’s ambition, whilst protecting the business.
Your role will involve:
- Reviewing and advising on government and public sector contracts and framework agreements in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations
- Advising our Business on potential pitfalls in design, build and run/operate proposals
- Primarily providing support to our Business during the sales cycle from supporting the engagement teams with their responses to tenders and bid response development to negotiating contracts for services.
- Review and negotiation of engagement contracts across Consulting and MSAs/framework agreements including direct discussion with clients and their legal advisors.
- Working closely with the business to discuss and develop commercial offerings to client as we move to a more innovative way of pricing our services e.g. risk/reward deals, Value based billing.
- Drafting and negotiating ancillary commercial contracts, including alliance agreements, product/asset licences, engagement letters, sub-contracts and teaming agreements
- Co-ordinating with other functions within Deloitte and globally on risk management matters (e.g. data privacy, security, compliance)
- Developing practical commercial solutions for Deloitte’s business and client service teams – enabling them to provide excellent client service while managing Deloitte’s risk
- Advising Deloitte’s senior management and practitioners on general legal and risk management issues, based on an understanding and appreciation of the key business risks that need to be managed
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London/ Cardiff
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity located in either our London or Cardiff office, with travel as required for business needs and client meetings.
Your professional experience
We are seeking experienced qualified lawyers proficient in reviewing and negotiating complex commercial and technology contracts and professional service framework agreements. Experience in one or more of Cloud Solutions, Managed Services or Assets is preferred.
- Ideally experience of government and public sector contracting
- In-house experience with a technology or consulting business
- Ability to manage a demanding work load effectively and to be responsive
- Experience of dealing with and managing senior management and multiple stakeholders
- Strong PMO skills to drive negotiation teams (and collate SME input) which you will lead to close deals in a timely fashion to give us competitive edge
Your service line: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive. Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.