Hiring Now: Hospitality & Event Supervisor Needed
Hello, we are hiring
At Elior we’re enriching lives, everywhere, every day. Feeding children in schools, loved ones in hospitals and care homes, sports fans in stadiums, visitors in heritage sites and teams in the workplace.
We are a multi-award-winning global player in the hospitality sector, founded in 1991 with over 105,000 colleagues worldwide, serving over 4 million guests every day. In the UK, our dedicated team serve our customers across 1200 locations.
Because of our success and stability, we can offer you excellent career opportunities where you will be nurtured and supported to fulfil your potential. We are renowned for looking after our people, with 87% of our colleagues feeling proud to work with us, and we are committed to delivering delicious and healthy food, which is ethically sourced.
And we’re committed to looking after the planet, supporting the community, cutting food waste and supporting wellbeing. We’ve lots to shout about with our strong and united approach in tackling many important global sustainability issues.
This role sits within our university division, catering to students. Working together with our clients, we provide a bespoke catering and hospitality service, offering a unique student experience at some of the most renowned universities across the UK. Complete with digital ordering and in-app purchasing, our high-quality, healthy, and innovative approach to food sets us apart from the high street.
Your key responsibilities as the Hospitality and Event Manager will consist of:
- Responding appropriately to incoming enquiries via phone and email and chasing to a conclusion
- Conducting site show rounds
- Liaise with external suppliers, prepare quotes, contracts and event proposals for events of all types, including internal and external
- Produce event detailed planners (including catering, cost, invoicing details, itinerary, room set up, entertainment, AV etc)
- Conducting menu tasting while planning the event with the client
- Actively identify marketing and promotion opportunities
- Develop events from proposal right up to delivery, including set, communicate and maintain project timelines and priorities
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Hospitality and Event Manager include:
- Experience as an event manager
- Skilled in project management and event planner
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Customer service orientation
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
We thank our colleagues for a job well done, that’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, including;
- A salary of up to £25,000 per annum, 28 days holiday*, life assurance, a workplace pension & free lunches on site
- The option to buy additional holidays – supporting your way of life
- Free access to mental health first aiders & counselling sessions – supporting you through life’s ups and downs
- Free access to the 24/7 GP service, nutritional & health experts, financial & legal support – the wellbeing of our teams is key
- A vast amount of discounts & cashback for supermarkets & retail – reducing your shopping bills
- A cycle-to-work scheme – keeping your wellbeing and our carbon footprint in mind
- Discounts for cinemas, restaurants, hotels, holidays and family days out – we want our teams to enjoy life
- A great variety of opportunities & award-winning development programmes to support your career ambitions – big enough for growth, small enough to feel connected
- 2 days paid leave for charity work – the community is at the heart of everything we do