Hiring Now: Head Spa Therapist Wanted
Head Spa Therapist
Come and join us in bringing the Raffles experience to London
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections. At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family. ?
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for an Head Spa Therapist to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into the Spa Director Your role will be responsible for performing an exceptionally high level of treatments and for supervising and leading the spa therapy team and all therapy sessions within the spa and wellness department at the Raffles London OWO.
Working with the wider spa team you will oversee all aspects of the guest spa journey throughout the spa. The role involves the ability to pre-empt and deliver an exceptional, luxurious and high-quality level of service to guests within the spa, guest rooms and residences whilst managing your team, spa delivery, service and financial targets.
You will work in close contact with all other hotel departments to ensure a smooth and consistent service, surpassing the guests’ expectations.
Specifically as the Head Spa Therapist:
- Managing guest experience during their stay within the spa and wellness department.
- Developing and updating therapy offerings.
- Perform spa treatments in a safe, professional and hygienic manner.
- Recommend treatment aftercare and sell spa retail products.
- Maintain ample inventory of necessary products to perform treatments, all in an orderly and neat fashion.
- Report for appointments on time and thoroughly review appointments before after completing each service.
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanour with guests / members.
- Assist in the operations of the spa, reception, thermal areas and whenever possible for spa guests and colleagues.
- Maintain current professional license
- Training, supervising and coaching all members of the therapy team.
- Ensure all standards in the spa are adhered to
- Communication with staff and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Managing and overseeing bookings and special requests.
- Work closely with the head receptionist and reception team to ensure the spa booking diary is maximised
- Work closely with spa butler team to ensure the smooth running of the spa treatments
- Building and developing good relationships including problem solving and complaint handling.
- Managing time sensitive targets.
- Overseeing and reporting on all spa maintenance issues
- Maintain the high standards of the treatment rooms, its inventory, stock and equipment
- Manage all aspects of the professional stock, including stock inventory, stock takes and stock ordering
- Be responsible of the therapist’s rota including holiday requests
- Effectively manage staff absences in line with our hotel policies
- Managing the induction of new starters within the therapy team
- Additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned including working in a different department or restaurant, than usually assigned.
What are we looking for?
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English, both verbal and written.
- Recent experience within in Luxury spa and wellness or a similar role
- Market knowledge of competitors and event industry trends
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering and offering the best service and experiences possible in any situation
- Proven track record of surprising and delighting guests to provide exceptional service
- Able to work within a team
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- To be detail-oriented
What are we offering?
- 20 Days plus Bank Holidays
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio