Hiring Now: Floor Construction Team Leader Needed
The Team Leader will ensure that the team is trained consistently and that they meet safety, quality, and production goals. Team Leaders will ensure an appropriate balance between task and relationships to meet company goals while engaging and retaining employees.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Clean, neat appearance
- Knowledge of modular home construction a plus
- 3 years minimum construction experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hiring bonus!
- Health, life, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid company holidays
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Health savings account
- Attendance incentives
- Assign, direct, and evaluate employee’s work; make recommendations and provide input to Production Supervisor regarding the development and maintenance of team member competency.
- Take an active role in the company Safety Program, ensuring all employees work in a safe manner and adhere to safety rules & procedures. Identify potential problems areas and take necessary steps to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Participate in daily problem solving by communicating with key employees and co-workers
- Coordinate production efforts with supervisors and other team leaders, maintaining consistent and efficient production flow with little or no rework.
- Partake in the Quality Assurance process by verifying that all structural details are accurate, and structures are built or installed according to provided plans. Verify accuracy of work and completion of travelers in a timely manner.
- Confer with production management and engineering staff to discuss plan specifications.
- Make recommendations for improvement and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Building knowledge – familiar with construction methods, particularly siding, window, exterior door installation
- Ability to read and interpret production plans and orders
- Use powered tools safely
- Strong reading and math skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage, lead, and organize team member’s time and efforts
- Willingness to learn
- Heavy lifting (50 lbs. minimum), carrying, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing
- Noise level is moderate to loud; hearing protections is required when using powered tools and in designated areas.
- Constantly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, eye protection is required when using powered tools.
- No loose or baggy clothing or jewelry is to be worn. Sturdy closed toe shoes are required.