Hello, we are hiring.
We’re a truly international company, fourth largest in our industry and operating across 120 markets. An inclusive, innovative global FMCG business supported by over 27,500 employees. As we embrace a new era of growth, we are transforming. Our ways of working and culture are driven by a challenger mindset, constantly questioning the status quo. Our agility and entrepreneurial spirit, alongside award winning development programmes, enable innovation and success while creating exciting and rewarding career choices.
As we move forward, our customers will be at the heart of what we do, evolving to needs and expectations and committing to a more meaningful contribution to harm reduction by building a successful NGP business. Integral to our long-term success is our sustainability strategy, behaving responsibly and supporting our ambitions, all underpinned by high governance.
Encouraging inclusion at local levels and supporting a developing and robust diversity agenda globally, we’re fully committed to creating and maintaining an environment that celebrates and respects difference.
As the Internal Communications Business Partner, for Finance and Finance transformation, this role partners members of the broader leadership team of the CFO to provide internal communication and engagement advice and support across BAU and major change programmes. This role will develop, deliver and measure activity to support business priorities, aligned to Imperial Brands’ Strategy.
The CFO remit includes Finance, Finance transformation, Global IT and in particular 3 transformation programmes called UNIFY, CFIN and GBS. These are a multi-year, significant investments for Imperial as we integrate, simplify systems and deliver a more digital, efficient operation supported by efficient and consistent processes.
In this role you will lead a team of comms professionals (IT BP, unify comms lead, CFIN comms manager) to develop, deliver comprehensive communications plans for all these programmes and oversee successful implementation of all communications.
In addition, you will establish a drumbeat of communications for the Finance community, looking for opportunities to promote the work of Finance across the wider organisation as necessary. Importantly, you will work with senior leaders and change leaders in the CFO’s reporting line (It, UNIFY, GBS etc) to bring these transformational programmes to life across the organisation.
This role is a senior member of the Global Internal Communications team, working with the Global Head of Internal Communications and their team, especially the internal communication business partners to implement and deliver the communications strategy across Imperial Brands.
Finance at Imperial has a vision to transform become trusted business/s partners, creating value for our customers and leading sustainable change to help deliver the company’s strategic priorities. There are key areas of focus for the Company including transformation, engagement, changes to our culture for which the Communications Partner will play a key role in driving for the Finance function.
- Work with the Finance Leadership Team (FLT) and P&C colleagues to lead, develop and execute the Global Finance internal communications and engagement strategy in line with Group Comms approach.
- Create a compelling story for Global Finance, including IT and GBS
- Support your team to partner and advise senior change programme leaders
- Ensure regular, timely and impactful flow of communications through Global Finance and appropriate to different audiences within it.
- Support with planning and delivery of any communication campaigns within Finance to ensure a consistent approach.
- Measure and analyse the impact of activity on engagement levels and tailor communications approach in response to this.
- Provide a voice to colleagues and find innovative ways to reach them directly, facilitating two-way conversation and feedback.
- Managing stakeholders across Global Finance, and the wider business, to ensure messaging is aligned and consistent.
- Line management of UNIFY Comms lead, IT Business partner and CFIN Communications manager
- Ensure a transparent and collaborative approach to leading comms activities, ensuring teams are appropriately engaged and informed.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders from a range of areas including Finance, IT, People and Culture and Group Comms, cluster and functional teams as well as other external third parties.
- This role acts as a critical connection between the Finance and the wider organisation
- Develop a drumbeat of communications for finance, looking for opportunities to integrate the CFO’s change updates and more broadly looking for ways to share progress with wider business
- Ad hoc duties required in the communications and engagement sphere.
Skills & Experience
- A proven track record in successfully developing and managing high-impact strategic internal communications, in complex, global organisations
- Strong partnership and stakeholder management skills, with expertise in influencing senior leaders.
- Change communication and engagement experience
- 10 years + internal comms experience gained operating at senior levels.
- Effective interpersonal, management and communication skills, including the ability to write and present clear and concise professional communications to range of audience at all levels.
- Strong project and process management skills and experience
- Strong customer orientation: ability to build and manage a successful business partnership.
- Fosters teamwork and works collaboratively
- Line management experience
- Understands the language and methodologies of large-scale business change, governance frameworks and project management disciplines and methodologies.
- Member of Institute of Internal Communications
- Recent, relevant experience of delivering comms in highly governed change programmes
- Has experience of working in digital transformation in utilities, Fintech, Financial Services, telecoms or FMCG operations.
What we offer
Imperial Brands offer a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays). and hybrid work.
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.